Progress (26/11/2003 @ 13:01 CET) by MTA team

Blokker_1999

• MTA Team

It has been quiet lately from the development side, but rest assured, we did not stop development. We are working on both GTA3:MTA and MTA:VC, and we are making a lot of progress. The status counters will move soon in the future. What are we waiting for? It is actually very simple. There has not yet been any successful test with server-client communication. Therefore multi player action has not been possible.

In GTA3:MTA we are working on the netcode as we speak, we have a basic .scm and the chat box and scoreboard work as well. Once the netcode works and we can start testing it and make screenshots we will release those screenshots and start moving the status update. Also GTA3:MTA will probably feature new game modes.

MTA:VC is a different story. We are moving around with lots of features and implementing them. Server-client communication is not on yet implemented but some other nice things are. This new release will probably also have one or two new gamemodes.

Release dates or periods have not been set. The team is working hard and doing there best to bring these new versions as soon as humanly possible.

In other news, the site is going to receive updates and upgrades. First of all, protection for when the mySQL db can’t be used for some reason or another. This should have been done before but wasn’t and we saw what it did. Also a fully automated status page. The status page (which at the moment still works on a manual basis) can be found at multitheftauto.com

Furthermore, the site is going to receive a login system. This will enable users to set some preferences, including multiple templates. When that is almost completed we will inform people of course and hold a small competition so people can submit there own site designs for usage. Don’t start designing yet, details on what we want will follow.

Lately we have seem some sites which provide information on how to enable cheats in MTA, we do not tolerate this and have already taken successful action against some. People who posts links to such sites on the forum or on IRC will be banned. The same goes for warez

And one more thing: we are NOT searching for coders or testers at this moment, when we do, we will let you know, remember: you are all testers!

Lately we have seem some sites which provide information on how to enable cheats in MTA, we do not tolerate this and have already taken successful action against some. People who posts links to such sites on the forum or on IRC will be banned. The same goes for warez.

Does this also mean you will be banning them off of your mta servers? & I guess this question might be dumb but, I thought u guys were gonna put MTA:GTA3 and MTA:VC Into 1 and just call it MTA:??? or whatever? Sorry, I am just guessin I am a little behind. *I should try the search button. :wink:

Indeed it would be hard to ban people on servers unless the admins themselves did it. Though some servers are allowing modding in stunt servers (and stunt servers only) since a lot of ppl like to modrace and test there modding skills, though abusing the privilege will result in banning (ex: running ppl over, ramming other cars). Since on stunt servers there's no other motive than to just have fun and drive (unless there's a tournament or such), it's easy to understand why modding cars isn't considered cheating when it comes to stunt. Of course this does not stand for Deathmatch servers and it's obvious why. I have run some servers of my own and made them modding optional and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and no conflicts occured. I suggest that in future versions to make modding optional for stunt servers and maybe have something to distinguish the difference, since some servers do not state that it's a modded stunt server. Other than that I wish you guys luck.