What are the coolest in-game worlds you’ve ever seen?

Guest nycgamer

I really love the look of MYST but the game itself is very dull. It's probably safe to say that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. will have some of the coolest looking in-game environments ever. Same with Far Cry, DOOM 3 and HL2. I’ve been playing through TRON 2.0 as fast as I can because I can’t wait to see the next level. The levels are brilliant!! Morrowind, Mafia, and Vice City also all have remarkable in-game worlds for sheer size and things to explore. Max Payne 2 has a lot of interactivity with environmental objects which lends realism to the experience. What do you think makes a gaming environment great and which games do you think set the standard?

Tron 2.0 was fun...albiet short. I too found myself going every possible path just to see what was there, as well as rushing ;)

Have you played TRON online at all? If you're on XP and haven't downloaded the deathmatch patch, get it now ~ we need more players in there (& I need more victims... muwahahahahahahahah!!!!!)

TRON patch at Gamespy:

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/130000/132826.shtml

Tron patch at TRON.net:

http://www.tron20.net/sections/downloads_updateslist.html

Natural Selection, and Halo 2. (The Halo 2 creates an amazing WW2-like theme... Really quite cool).

NS owns all!! I play all the time ;) I wish the JPs flew like they did in 1.04... *sigh*

About Tron, I got the patch, but never see any servers. Dont know whats up with it. :(

Adventure: I first played this when I was 12 or 13... so say 5 or 6 years ago. That game is the scariest game I have ever played. Gonna emulate it now...

• 2 weeks later...