MTA Ban system

Tete omar

Is this a useful suggestion?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a useful suggestion?

• No
    • I don't know
    • Yes

It doesnt matter what you do, can ban them but will only be for a short time. There are so many ways to just go arround it. If someone really wants it and has the knowledge to do it, he would do it. I mean you can get the hostname but even that can be passed. Just hang your iPhone to you laptop/desktop make it a wifi point and you have your telecom provider as a host.

If I understand correctly you are asking for a shared community-wide ban system. How would you control such a thing?

How about instead of asking for a global ban list, you learn how to properly administrate your server? The reason MOJRM/whoever you have a hard-on for is able to keep coming back isn't because they have godly skills, it's because you don't know how to use the admin panel.

The person in question is one of those rare cases. He is very tenacious and has IPs unique at any subset. Ever since I banned him from the forum he raged for what must have been half a year before simmering down.

I just deleted his 1 active account, 4 deleted in the past... I'll keep an eye on it.

No way they could be banned permanentely, people can simply change to other computer or reset modem ( if they have dynamic IP ).

Some people are dumb and use the same server/host, MTA can ban the Host, IP, serial and name if they wanted. And if they come back, I'm sure someone of the MTA community would have spotted them, and ban them again. Quite easy really, you can also have some MTA supporters if the MTA community team were too busy in something/somewhat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would you really feel safe going onto any server and if 1 overzealous admin bans you, you are banned from the entirety of MTA? How do you undo an incorrect ban? The server who sets the ban owns it on the global blacklist? Your soul belongs to that 1 overzealous admin now?

Think people...

People like MORJM-511 can be blacklisted as we can nuke their serial key. Is it impossible to get another one? No. Is it impossible to avoid a global blacklist? No.

I know figured out how to change the seriel, but it does take very high Skills about Computing, I dont want to give it a way but im saying there is a way.

It takes very high skills about computing...?

You mean that you need to reinstall windows with windows loader and use a different key?

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Serials are hardcoded. How do you know so sure you got a new serial ?

It consists out of MAC address. Nowadays it is rather easy to fool the system and generate a new one.

If I recall correctly, they are based on the hard disk serial number.

Well, either way it can be fooled and it can be given a new one to index over the real one. I haven't personally tried changing them, but I have heard that it is rather simple to go on Google and search for it and fake it in five minutes.

Well, I feel like a yes, but only MTA moderators/administrators would get to use this.

Counter-counter-argument : If a player gets banned from MTA and decides to ban evade.

1. Re-installing windows can be a pain in the ass sometimes due to program installation loss and it can take up to an hour or more depending on your computer.

2. Once that's done, the player can do whatever he wants to do until he decides to break the rules again and end up banning again.

3. Repeat, conclusion : Player doesn't have a life.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, I feel like a yes, but only MTA moderators/administrators would get to use this.

Counter-counter-argument : If a player gets banned from MTA and decides to ban evade.

1. Re-installing windows can be a pain in the ass sometimes due to program installation loss and it can take up to an hour or more depending on your computer.

2. Once that's done, the player can do whatever he wants to do until he decides to break the rules again and end up banning again.

3. Repeat, conclusion : Player doesn't have a life.

1. Most morons who are stupid enough to make themselves look like total idiots in MTA altogether most likely don't know how to reinstall Windows. I also highly doubt they'd go to all that trouble to be an ass in MTA.

2. So, if they had a brain and did decide to re-install Windows, and succeed, they'd come back just to make a new reputation and try to screw MTA and its servers over? Do you know how much effort that would take? Not to mention they'd still want to.

3. [Player] is most likely a 12-year old who can barely communicate in the English langauge (primary MTA language), a kid who got their first computer or just an outright idiot who enjoys screwing stuff up; an sadist.

The only question I have is how would you be able to outright ban someone from MTA altogether. If you can prove to have some idea whatsoever, I'll support this. For now, you're just running around in circles.

• 1 month later...

A MTA serial does not have a use outside of MTA, all it is a code generated on install.

You could easily re install windows with a key gen and be unbanned.

And also I hate script stealers as much as anyone else does, but I don't think they deserved to be banned out of MTA, server owners could post his IP and MTA serial and ban them manually.

I vote -1

The MTA serial is based on the hard disk unique serial number, or a mashup of device serials, hashed, not the volume serial, so no, a mere Windows reinstall won't do it. If it was like that, a serial would be pretty much pointless.

You won't need to do a re-install at all. You can just fake your device serials by searching on Google for help. Sadly that's just too easy to do nowadays.