Getting a new PC need help!

toptional

Hey guys im getting a new Computer and im not sure which one to go for, My Price Range is About 300-500 Pounds which is equal to $477 to $796, I might get a Laptop of a Desktop. Its gotta be a computer that can handle MTA Amazingly and Handle Modern games like Call of Duty and Assassins creed.

Post some suggestions here for me! Thanks alot

(Sites must be in UK) Thanks!

Converting pounds -> dollars won't do the trick. Everybody knows that normally hardware's price is about the same number even if they use different currencies.

First tell us which store will you buy the computer from ( would be good if it was in your native currency ), what will you use the computer for, when you'll buy the computer, if you want to overclock the CPU/GPU, if you need OS and peripherals...

If you answer all these things we'll be able to make a better configuration for your needs.

P.S. Don't buy laptops/pre-built desktops - they're waste of money.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130625

Not the best card but good for the price. Ive seen benchmarks (8GB ram, quad core cpu. Its pretty cheap getting 8gb of ram these days) of this getting around 30 FPS on BF3 in high settings and run well on skyrim.

Though im sure AMD has something like this, performance and price wise.

EDIT: You prefer AMD or nvidia?

It's not just because it reaches 30FPS in BF3 ( which is quite low ) that you should choose that card.

Converting pounds -> dollars won't do the trick. Everybody knows that normally hardware's price is about the same number even if they use different currencies.

Not strictly true, in 2008 Zimbabwe had an inflation of 89,700,000,000,000,000,000,000% and thus 688,000,000,000 Zimbabwe Dollars equated to 1 United States Dollar.

• 4 weeks later...

Not strictly true, in 2008 Zimbabwe had an inflation of 89,700,000,000,000,000,000,000% and thus 688,000,000,000 Zimbabwe Dollars equated to 1 United States Dollar.

Nice fact ahahhahaha

So, i have decided and the laptop is on its way, Heres a link tell me what kind of games this can handle and the FPS? I think its gonna do pretty good

http://www.johnlewis.com/231740103/Product.aspx

If you don't need mobility, get a desktop because laptops aren't really meant for gaming ( I mean, you can use them for gaming but the best are desktops ).

First tell us which store will you buy the computer from ( would be good if it was in your native currency ), what will you use the computer for, when you'll buy the computer, if you want to overclock the CPU/GPU, if you need OS and peripherals...

Anyway I did some setups based on Amazon UK prices ( of course this will have to be changed because prices ain't same in all stores - this can have some hardware that might not be the best because I did this quite fast, just a base ):

i5-3470 - 145,90 pounds

ASRock B75 Pro3-M - 57,86 pounds

XFX Pro 450W Core Edition - 44,99 pounds

Nox Zen - 28,99 pounds ( not the best but enough for now )

Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600 CL9 DDR3 - 33,95 pounds

MSI Twin Frozr HD7850 2GB - 158,89 pounds

-- NO HDD & PERIPHERALS: 471,48 pounds

i3-3220 - 99,78 pounds

ASRock B75 Pro3-M - 57,86 pounds

Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600 Cl9 DDR3 - 33,95 pounds

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB - 72,17 pounds

-- i3 & HDD ( i3 is enough if only for gaming ) & NO PERIPHERALS: 497,53 pounds

FX-6300 - 108,95 pounds

ASRock 970 Extreme3 - 67,72 pounds

-- AMD CPU ( better than i3 but still loses for i5, you'd need this CPU at 4.8GHz to get to i5-3350p speed at stock - just for you to see how slow it is compared to i5, but actually it ain't this slow and it will do good in rendering & heavy softwares which makes use of more than 2/4 cores because this CPU has 6 cores ) which consumes more power but can OC ( u'll need a cooler to do decent oc ) & good board: 515,66 pounds

FX-6300 - 108,95 pounds

ASRock 970DE3/USB3 - 52,99 pounds

-- AMD CPU & can OC but has worse board: 500,93 pounds

I did choose that case for being a very good for its price and you can buy a better one later easily.

P.S. None of these configurations include O.S. or peripherals. With such a low budget you'll get like 200 pounds for the whole machine which is a VERY LOW amount of money for a gaming machine.

I agree with Anderl. And an i7 isn't very necessary unless you do 3D modeling and stuff like that :P

The graphics card can be better though, I prefer a GTX.

NVIDIA cards are overpriced atm.

Unless you really need PhysX or the CUDA cores you should get an AMD card because it has a better power consumption, a lot more "power of overclock" - means you can overclock it much more and very easily, they do exactly the same and are cheaper.

Well, i have a testing desktop, i done really like it, i prefer the touch pad, Anyway its ordered so forget about the Price

How good is this for gaming? FPS on Modern games like Black Ops 2?

All of these configurations should be enough for 2-3 years but the AMD CPUs should rest a little more due to having the ability to OC ( you will however need a decent CPU cooler to do anything ). They should run any actual game on high settings.