MTA map mods

EULA = end user licensee agremeent , its the thing you press [yes] to when installing and it does NOT mather if you didnt read it by clicking yes you are saying that you HAVE read it and that you agree with it, so by doing anything that is stated in their not to do you are breaking the law.(even if you did not read it)

I just read the EULA as stated in MTAinstall.exe for MTA v0.2.2, which by the way I do not think is included in the ZIP version, so those who download and use that version may be legally exempt from the EULA.

According to the EULA, there is no clause stating it is illegal/disallowed to modify maps for Vice City. MTA in its function modifies the way Vice City is played, but modifications take part on Vice City, not MTA. Therefore, legality-wise, it is 100% legal to modify with maps and trainers, but only if not modifying MTA's files.

This EULA is nothing more than a copy and paste job, and should have been formed with the intent of securing MTA, rather than having some legal mumbo jumbo in an installer.

Hey, I am not saying it should be advocated, and I really hate it when people mod the game especially to use it to abuse other characters. I am just saying, as it stands now, should a v0.2.2 server admin wish to allow mods, he or she can, and players can use them... again, so long as they mod Vice City, not MTA (which in a sense, "takes over" Vicy City to make it multiplayer-capable).

So, if you are on a server, and an admin doesn't want you there for doing it, dont be surprised ;) PLEASE, just dont do it to begin with!!

Actually, I hope they extend some of the ideas of letting mods be on servers that are downloaded for users, so EVERYONE would be using the mod, that would be nice n' interesting... ;)

• MTA Team

True, the EULA is in the first screen of the installer, and you need to press I Agree to get to the next screen. So at that point in time you have read the EULA according to the law.

The EULA does not prevent usage of map mods, but the usage of map mods is considerd as cheating since the person using the mods has an advantage over the other users. Therefore server admins have every right to ban ppl using mods.

True, the EULA is in the first screen of the installer, and you need to press I Agree to get to the next screen. So at that point in time you have read the EULA according to the law.

The EULA does not prevent usage of map mods, but the usage of map mods is considerd as cheating since the person using the mods has an advantage over the other users. Therefore server admins have every right to ban ppl using mods.

Hello Blokker,

I know where the EULA is and I read it, word for word. And, you seem to agree with me that the EULA does not prevent one from using modifications in MTA.

I would like to say that my post was not meant to be unruly; rather, I was simply stating as you have that though you may be legally exempt, such actions should not be executed on any server other than those that explicitly allow it (I may not have stated this in this context, so if I did not, I apologize). I wholeheartedly agree that just because the opportunity is there, it shouldn't be taken (hey, i have the opportunity to drive over a bridge! Should I?), and that server admins who feel such activities should not take place on their server shouldn't have to think twice before kicking that player out of the game.

Thank you for the reply, Blokker... hope I cleared some things up as well ;)