Problem startup in win2000

Guest McbLt

I've installed the latest MTA stuff for VC and when I've connected to a server, and click on 'start game' the initial Rockstar logo comes up and then it gets to the first black screen and hangs...

any ideas?

Running VC by itself isn't a problem.

Cheers

okie dokie, I had a look at the Australian patch, doens't look like it's been updated to 0.2.2 and the link from the download section points to a 0.2.2 I think it's an American version....

any thoughts?

Download some American ISOs.

I mean, c'mon, you bought the game, you shouldn't be held back by some specialized version for your country.

I dont think, you having bought your version, anyone would object... rather I believe they would probably do exactly as I stated, given a similar situation and applicable bandwidth ;)

I mean, c'mon, you bought the game, you shouldn't be held back by some specialized version for your country.

I dont think, you having bought your version, anyone would object... rather I believe they would probably do exactly as I stated, given a similar situation and applicable bandwidth ;)

NO WAREZ ON THE FORUMS !!! THAT IS A RULE !!!

NO WAREZ ON THE FORUMS !!! THAT IS A RULE !!!

See what happens when people dont read the entire post :)

umm, count me too having probs with MTA v0.2.2 starting up in ASE - on win2k - yet its worked on my other pcs with same VC files as on this problem pc, also using MTA v0.2.2

ASE doesnt pop up the game box

clicking the MTA client gives me this >

The dynamic link library MSVCP60.dll could not be found in the specified path C:\Program Files\MTA:.

;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem.

so, yes i use the no-cd file, yes i've replaced it.

===========

ok, I just fixed it, I put the missing DLL file into WINNT\System32 folder, brot it over from one of the working pcs.

now to stUnt ;)

MSVCP60.dll

This file comes from the Mircosoft Visual Studio's Visual C ++ 6 package.

[M]ircooft[V]isual[C][P]lusplus[6].[0].dll

It's needed by MTA to work because (are far is I understand) it's programmed in Visual C ++

download the microsoft visual studio runtimes from Microsoft

or search google for "MSVCP60.dll download" it will be there somewhere, and put it in your c:\winnt\system32 directory.

BUT!

Those files shouldn't be missing in the first place as far as I know... Once you've got this file installed you may find another file missing. Just keep trying to download them through google or something... :roll:

EDIT: and i didn't read the last line of that post or did you edit while I was typing? Stupid me. Good you got it going!