Van / large vehicle passenger support?

dystopia

Yes can as in now, ill tell you and easy way just take a swat van for example get 2 ppl in front driver and passenger, and then a third person(you maybe) get next to the passenegerdoor and press the get in as passenger button your character will start walking to the back, and well the normal way, just practice getting in a bit, youll get it after a while

not sure if its like this in PC version but I know in the PS2 version you can fit numerous people in the "Coach" I put the "girls follow tommy" cheat on and they all followed me into the Coach. I had at least 6 or 7 girls in there. So I think it would be kinda cool to replace the bus by the airport with a coach. The whole "posse transportation" thing could work then :D

• 4 weeks later...
not sure if its like this in PC version but I know in the PS2 version you can fit numerous people in the "Coach" I put the "girls follow tommy" cheat on and they all followed me into the Coach. I had at least 6 or 7 girls in there. So I think it would be kinda cool to replace the bus by the airport with a coach. The whole "posse transportation" thing could work then :D

The coach destroys any passengers. That's why it can appear to hold an endless number.

This is proved when you find out how the bus stops work. These are defined using a flag on a node in the "paths.ipl" file. Coaches are only created on these special nodes, which is proved by looking in "default.ide" where you see thier class is "ignore" so they don't spawn any other way.

When they are created, the game engine creates a passenger inside them who then gets out. The engine may repeat this a number of times (I havn't tried to see if it's always the same number getting out) and, if any people were created at the relevant pedestrian node (also with the special flag) these people will attempt to enter the coach.

Once they have entered, they are destroyed. If the coach manages to reach another speacial node, it will stop and NEW passengers are spawned. The curious way this vehicle handles passengers is proved even further as it has it's own, unique "enter style" as defined in "handling.cfg".

The only solutions I could suggest for mass-movement of players in a standard Vice game is to use the BarracksOL, as was suggested, or simply use a convoy of vehicles. The convoy approach is tactically better as it allows one group to be airborne whilst another is on the ground. In fact, if you split your team into multiple ground units the air team can co-ordinate movements on the ground which is a tactic called "close air support" and is widely used in modern military operations. 8)

In a modified game, my understanding is that each passenger location is bound to a door object - hence the Sentinel not being able to seat 5 people, for example. I do not think that additional doors and thus passenger locations would be supported by the game engine - or the Zmod DFF filter - and so there is no solution on this count.

However, by creating a custom collision file it would be possible to make the BarracksOL more suited to carrying passengers by giving it full-height walls and a roof, with a minimal gap at the tail for players to exit in single file.

However, by creating a custom collision file it would be possible to make the BarracksOL more suited to carrying passengers by giving it full-height walls and a roof, with a minimal gap at the tail for players to exit in single file.

eAi, care to comment on this?

are you talking about only 4 actors can be place inside a cars memory allocation?

what if seperate code we used to lock the players zyx to an offest of the trucks zyx? but now this basically is talking about this thread

http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=4804

Well, there are as i said only 4 positions for actors. The method of locking the actors into an XYZ isn't easy, well ok, its easy, but to constantly do it, so they don't come out of the side of the van doesn't make it practical really. This is the 'glue' method mentioned in that linked post.

You could i supose 'fake' the coach method, and move the players to another spot on the map, move the player's cams to inside/behind the van, and then when they get out, move them back. Thats more pratical.

eAi

You could i supose 'fake' the coach method, and move the players to another spot on the map, move the player's cams to inside/behind the van, and then when they get out, move them back. Thats more pratical.

eAi

The problem with moving them to a location on the map is that trainer users can then go kill them (Think start location) when I was selecting my character the other day I saw a trainer user there then next time I died and was choosing my character the sailor was dead ROFLMAO :P

OK, heres what i've managed to do. First of all, I managed to get a pedestrian 'attached' to my truck. As you can see it didn't quite work. Hes attached... you can drive around as much as you like, but hes sort of in the wrong position ;):

almostpedonatruck.jpg

My second attempt, was to move an actor already on the back of a truck (in a mission):

onatruck.jpg

I tried to move it to my patriot:

problemonback.JPG

This was a success, sort of.... Hes on the patriot, but in the same position as he was on the other truck, not the right one.

So, I did this, and all is well....:

onback1.JPG

Except, I haven't worked out how to move the actor in relation to the centre of the truck... Can't find the co-ordinates...

Anyway, there we go

eAi