MTA For The Xbox

Lukeo15

see b0b0 understands me n it can work bcoz i have been looking up on it 2day on the net. dnt lock up this topic its open so ppl like b0b0 or u can expresses ure ideas and feelings towards this suggestion of mta on the xbox. and btw for the last fucking time if mta was placed on and xbox which then was connected to a pc u cud av a server which P.Cs can join.

not jus an xbox server. so shut the fuck up about how no1 has their xboxes modded. its mta on a modded windows 2000 Xbox to be able to run servers off the xbox onto the net using a modded xbox and pc. its not for just modded xboxs for fuk sake. OK!!!

It's possible, because an xbox is a retarded PC basically.And about that shit about people not having a modded xbox, depends on which country u r from, here i would say 75% of all xboxusers hava modded xbox.

• MTA Team

b0b0 the xbox runs on a 733MHz proc. I have a Celeron 800 here and i can asure you VC does not ru fine on it. It looks like a slideshow.

And as far as emulaton goes : MTA does not run on an emulater such as WineX

Lukeo there is one thing you do not understand, running a server on an xbox isn't the same as running the game. The server can run on my 486 it doesn't require power, it doesn't require the game, it doesn't require windows or any other graphical environment, all the MTA server requires is a high speed internet connection.

More than 95% of xbox owners do not have there box moded, only a small part of xbox owners have it moded and run Linux on it, not windows.

rite lisen carfully bloker... u dnt get it .... GTA 3 and VC are out for the xbox format so thats okay... none of this 800mhz shit ure tlking bout. im not saying run the pc format of VC or GTA 3 on the xbox thats impossible. im talking about getting mta on the xbox and playing the xbox version of gta3 or VC on the xbox mta. or even have gta on the xbox and mta on the pc and play online on ure xbox. ALSO im talking bout running servers off the xbox for mta. i dint say nefin about playing and runnin a server at the same time ok! it is possible.

The xbox version is so completely different from the PS2 and PC versions that it'd be near impossible to do it. Even if they do get it running, few people would use it, they'd have to get by copy protection, and slow the creation of MTA for the PC. None of those are good things.

b0b0 the xbox runs on a 733MHz proc. I have a Celeron 800 here and i can asure you VC does not ru fine on it. It looks like a slideshow.

And as far as emulaton goes : MTA does not run on an emulater such as WineX

Lukeo there is one thing you do not understand, running a server on an xbox isn't the same as running the game. The server can run on my 486 it doesn't require power, it doesn't require the game, it doesn't require windows or any other graphical environment, all the MTA server requires is a high speed internet connection.

More than 95% of xbox owners do not have there box moded, only a small part of xbox owners have it moded and run Linux on it, not windows.

WineX wasn't exactly what I was thinking. I was thinking maybe Virtual PC or Win4Lin, which actually allow you to run the Windows operating system itself, not try to let you run Windows applicatons completely through Linux. I don't know exactly how MTA works, but judging from the fact it doesn't run on Windows 98, it has to do with the operating system.

So, lets say I do load the official Windows 2000 through Virtual PC or something similar, it may be possible to load MTA as well. Because a complete Windows environment would be loaded, I would think MTA would work fine.

Windows operating system being run through Win4Lin:

http://www.netraverse.com/customers/screenshots/

Of course, for an xbox, that could be a completely different story because of its hardware, but heck, guess we'll never know until someone tries ;-D

• MTA Team

even if you succeed, the mem structure (that was important for MTA) will always be different

and lukeo15 : make up ur mind. One minute ur talking about GTA for PC on Xbox, the nbext ur talking about servers and then ur talking about GTA for Xbox. Make sure u know about which one you are talking dipshit

rite lisen carfully bloker... u dnt get it .... GTA 3 and VC are out for the xbox format so thats okay... none of this 800mhz shit ure tlking bout. im not saying run the pc format of VC or GTA 3 on the xbox thats impossible. im talking about getting mta on the xbox and playing the xbox version of gta3 or VC on the xbox mta. or even have gta on the xbox and mta on the pc and play online on ure xbox. ALSO im talking bout running servers off the xbox for mta. i dint say nefin about playing and runnin a server at the same time ok! it is possible.

Why are you guys even replying to this guy anymore?? He clearly doesn't grasp some basic concepts, or he can't read. Your conversations with him have been going around in a circle, MULTIPLE TIMES! Either case he's not worth replying to!

Luke, it's VERY CLEAR that the programmers of MTA aren't interested in trying to get an XBOX version of their client working. So either program it yourself instead of trying to tell them what needs to be done, or STFU.

I think what Lukeo wanted was for their to be an xbox version of MTA, not just to get MTA to run on an xbox. That is a completely different story, and at the moment no such thing exists. It would probably take a lot of work to get that to work, and it may not even be worth it at all.

Lukeo:

Why do you want to run MTA on your xbox?

Do you only have the xbox GTA?

If your PC can run Vice City, then there is no reason to use your xbox instead. Your PC is probably much better than your xbox. Besides, who would want to code MTA for some Micro$hit console system anyway?

i jus cnt b arsed with mta for the pc. i cnt b arse dwith the server crashing cos last time it fucked up me pc causing me 2 have to rformat it! now with the xbox if the server fru the gam crashes then jus simple quick restar. Oi aslso dnt give me shit its jus an idea by the way... jus seeing if the mta team wud do it. obviously not so im gonna try with me m8s. i dint ask for abuse . jus coz you have an opinion on how u think the Xbox is shit i dnt care. but theres plenty of shit u can name n i cud slag it off. its jus life. if u dnt like me n want ppl to ignoe DONT BOTHER FUCKING POSTING NEFIN IN THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!! OK???????

There we have it. A server that's crashing will not be the reason for your Windows installation to malfunction. PC's have a reset button too. No wonder you want MTA for the XBox. I'm very fed up with this. It's simply NOT going to happen. Good Luck, pal.

** LOCKED **