Bug Report : to Extigy USB soundcard users

DeLuXxX

Hi there,

Just a little bug...

Not really a bug, but I at last saw what my seller told me about my extigy "hunger of CPU charge"...

The extigy is an external soundcard, linked with the pc with usb.

Well, it seems, after many tests on 5 differents pc, that audio conversations done with extigy dont like mta:vc

It pumps ressources and the game lags...

I wondered a few days why I was laggin' when there were more than 14 pplz on a server...

I turned off my extigy and put a Live! value instead of it...Now mta:vc runs like hell...

Things I can precise :

- conversations are done with GVS or team chat or roger wilco or anything else BUT NOT MSN MESSENGER (msn messenger bugs with us and with some pplz, so we banished it)

- I didn't test others external soundcards (Im not a rich man :) )

- The ressources taken by the extigy are not due to the PC itself (all were 2200+ with 1Gb RAM and Ti4200 128Mb)

Now, I can't tell that all extigy users will lag if they conv with it, but I can say that 5/5 of our pcs were laggin' using it...

Hope helping...

Cya ingame

I used an extigy on my computer and i did't lag a bit my computer was a that time a duel amd 2600+xp with 3 gigs of 400mhz ddrram and a Nvidia Geforce Fx card what I did make on cpu run xp alone and the other run all other programs . when you have one cpu devoted to one program the computer runs better

What do you expect from a USB soundcard?

Do you realize how many CPU cycles USB steals?

Extigy, as with almost - repeat almost, there are some solutions that work somewhat - all external soundcards, do not handle games well. They are meant for things such as simple music playback and the like, not gaming or other operations that demand massive CPU usage.

Trust me - my 1ghz techmachine at work with external USB2 HD takes about 50% cpu usage during heavy access to the thing. Thats not counting resources taken for network or any other peripherals...

[mr.]Mr.Hat: That is "dual" CPUs - you might want to correct that, unless your CPUs are fighting with eachother. Also, might wanna correct other things (spelling, for example) in your profile.. :)

DeLuXxX, what motherboard were you using? If you do not know, can you at least find out what chipset?

there were 2 ABIT KD7, one ASUS Idontknowwhat and 2 others ASUS I dunnowhat :)

I mean, I know my extigy loves my CPU...

I use it for music on the other side and it is great...

It was just a warning, everybody may not be warned of the extigy defaults...We are not all comp tech (even if I am one :P) ;)

EDIT : I posted too cause Im a kind of hardcoregamer, and it's the first game that do this to me...

there were 2 ABIT KD7, one ASUS Idontknowwhat and 2 others ASUS I dunnowhat :)

I mean, I know my extigy loves my CPU...

I use it for music on the other side and it is great...

It was just a warning, everybody may not be warned of the extigy defaults...We are not all comp tech (even if I am one :P) ;)

EDIT : I posted too cause Im a kind of hardcoregamer, and it's the first game that do this to me...

Do you mean loves your computer? Because I do agree with you, it loves your CPU for its lovely cycles. If you dont know how USB works, try to search for some information... I could not find any that tells you the technical information about USB, only consumer information. You might understand then why external soundcards don't work so well for games ;)