Race thing

Ton

Good idea!

/race place1-place2(-place1) where the place1 is start, place2 is where to go, and possible to make it back to place1, or

/race startmark to start "marking" the race track to map by driving it yourself, and command /race stopmark to make the finish line.

Hey, at starting grid press up and down at the same time...

...check it out.

the coutdown shouldn't be in the chat, i'd prefer the same like in SP, when u gotta race against Hillary(means: nobody's starting too early).

is this also in progress?: u can double-klick on a nick in chat and than he gets a message like: rebel challenges u to a race y/n/w8?. if u accept it than u get automatic to the startline with ur current vehicle.

and if u dont wanna race with that vehicle u can type: w8. than u can get ur favourite vehicle (or u get to a selection) and type in chat:/join race rebel. wud b cool 8)

I think you shouldn't have to make it that diffecult. There must be a lot of tracks to choose from. Like: race1=stadium>malibu>stadium race2=stadium>airport>stadium and many more!

So you type: /race1

The chatconsole says: Big_Boss_Man planned race 6 (for if it's the sixth race since the server started, and there could be more races at one time) from the stadium to the malibu club to the stadium. Enter /joing race6 to join the race. The race starts in 2 minutes.

The the console will say: Race 6 in 1½ minute, 1 minute, ½ a minute. So people have time to get a car and they know when they should be at the starting grid.

The radar will show the track, the starting grid and the finishing grid. But only to the people who joined the race! And there are checkpoints, but they must be all over the road, so you can drive over the sidewalk and nobody can take a shortcut.

So when the counter stops everybody who is at the startinggrid will get notified and everybody who joined and isn't on the starting grid will get notified and there will be 30 more seconds for that person to get to there. (if everybody is at the starting grid there will be no extra time)

Then, everybody who joined, will see on his scream 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, go. And if someone starts driving before the start sign was giving, the race will be restarted in 30 seconds. If he does it again he will be disqualified. He can race with the others but he isn't in the race anymore. (his name wont be called at the results)

That will be cool. :P

I think you shouldn't have to make it that diffecult. There must be a lot of tracks to choose from. Like: race1=stadium>malibu>stadium race2=stadium>airport>stadium and many more!

So you type: /race1

The chatconsole says: Big_Boss_Man planned race 6 (for if it's the sixth race since the server started, and there could be more races at one time) from the stadium to the malibu club to the stadium. Enter /joing race6 to join the race. The race starts in 2 minutes.

The the console will say: Race 6 in 1½ minute, 1 minute, ½ a minute. So people have time to get a car and they know when they should be at the starting grid.

The radar will show the track, the starting grid and the finishing grid. But only to the people who joined the race! And there are checkpoints, but they must be all over the road, so you can drive over the sidewalk and nobody can take a shortcut.

So when the counter stops everybody who is at the startinggrid will get notified and everybody who joined and isn't on the starting grid will get notified and there will be 30 more seconds for that person to get to there. (if everybody is at the starting grid there will be no extra time)

Then, everybody who joined, will see on his scream 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, go. And if someone starts driving before the start sign was giving, the race will be restarted in 30 seconds. If he does it again he will be disqualified. He can race with the others but he isn't in the race anymore. (his name wont be called at the results)

That will be cool. :P

Well... I didn't write that for fun. ;)

u wont get more replies when posting like that just w8 some days...

but coz u cant w8: i personally like Ben's idea....write in chat:/create race. than u get a heli (not synched, takes no damage), set a startline and than u can fly over thw whole city and create some checkpoints (horn button + if u r flying then the checkpoint is set to the next ground level (z axis)) than u set the finnish line and the race can begin. with this option to set the checkpoints yourself u could even make a race from the lift to the spotlight roof (would be funny with 10 ppl all on bike :mrgreen: ).

-for all those who never played gta-vc single player: u can only accelerate when the countdown reached 0 which makes it impossible for ppl to start too early.

-if some1 new joins the game and wants to race then maybe it will take a lot of time till he's at the start location..

plz w8 a sec i gotta get the hotring first btw where is race6? bla bla bla..
know what i mean? and im sure the players at the start will get pissed off very soon coz they have to w8 (maybe every minute some1 new joins the game).

i just like the idea of creating ur very own race instead of using always the same tracks. i wonder if cerbera is still using this forum :scratch:

EDIT:i just thought its a bad idea of setting the checkpoints to the next ground level, i think it should be possible to set them to the whole z-axis coz maybe some ppl wanna race with helis.

+LOL its not easy to get in the office room(lift) with the heli to set a startline (maybe just set it outside of the building) but i think this is the smallest problem.

u wont get more replies when posting like that just w8 some days...

but coz u cant w8: i personally like Ben's idea....write in chat:/create race. than u get a heli (not synched, takes no damage), set a startline and than u can fly over thw whole city and create some checkpoints (horn button + if u r flying then the checkpoint is set to the next ground level (z axis)) than u set the finnish line and the race can begin. with this option to set the checkpoints yourself u could even make a race from the lift to the spotlight roof (would be funny with 10 ppl all on bike :mrgreen: ).

-for all those who never played gta-vc single player: u can only accelerate when the countdown reached 0 which makes it impossible for ppl to start too early.

-if some1 new joins the game and wants to race then maybe it will take a lot of time till he's at the start location..

plz w8 a sec i gotta get the hotring first btw where is race6? bla bla bla..
know what i mean? and im sure the players at the start will get pissed off very soon coz they have to w8 (maybe every minute some1 new joins the game).

i just like the idea of creating ur very own race instead of using always the same tracks. i wonder if cerbera is still using this forum :scratch:

EDIT:i just thought its a bad idea of setting the checkpoints to the next ground level, i think it should be possible to set them to the whole z-axis coz maybe some ppl wanna race with helis.

+LOL its not easy to get in the office room(lift) with the heli to set a startline (maybe just set it outside of the building) but i think this is the smallest problem.

I think it very hard to make the system where people can make there own tracks. And it's also harder, if you set a checkpoint a bit wrong, everybody has to return. But when you've got preseted tracks, the editors can put the checkpoints very good in the game.

And of course there must be something that you don't have to wait to long. People can't stay joining. And maybe it's better that when the race starts, the people who had a false just don't can't race with the others, he just don't see the checkpoints and he can't finish. (so the other people don't have to go back)

i heard that sum1 is working on a radar mod 4 a race mode where the routes r drawn on the radar. it was almost finished wen i last checked

yeah they did, but since its a mod, it crashes MTA. Apparently.

no, they are goin 2 send it 2 the mta team + then they r goin 2 put it in a race mode, thats wot i heard anyway

Is there any possibility to edit the minimap unless a racing mode is implemented?

It would be helpful if you race with friends, so that you can mark the track on the minimap.

minimap=radar right?

if u wanna edit the radarmap then u need a txd tool export them to a .bmp mark ur routes and put them back in the file u took them out. (im not sure but to put them back u could maybe also use a img tool).

if u need more help than visit:gtaforums.com and search there for e.g: radarmap or:export map

• 2 weeks later...

i was just giving an answer to specialfighters question coz if u wanna mark some race tracks and u dont have any clue how to programm than the easiest solution is to paint ur tracks on the radar (work of 10 min :wink: )

so this was out of the discussion of what you are suggesting :)

• 3 weeks later...
i heard that sum1 is working on a radar mod 4 a race mode where the routes r drawn on the radar. it was almost finished wen i last checked

yeah they did, but since its a mod, it crashes MTA. Apparently.

no, they are goin 2 send it 2 the mta team + then they r goin 2 put it in a race mode, thats wot i heard anyway

Seems there's a bit of mis-information going around. :P

50route_all.JPG

1024 x 1024 version

I made this radar map with precisely what you guys are asking for a couple of months ago, when I created my SSR (Serious Street Racing) team. I made a release topic on GTAForums here and I released it as part of my topic about street racing modes here on the mta forums, in this thread.

Or, you can just download it directly.

Now, what many people might not know is that TRX from the MTAVC team tested the radar (and also my handling) together and he really liked it. He said it changed the way he thought about racing modes for MTAVC, as by using the colour-coded radar image extensive checkpoint coding was no longer necessary.

When I suggested it, he also reacted positivly when I said that the less the gameplay is dictated by the code, the better. This means that you wouldn't get radar blips or have to remember a million codes for the chat window. The radar textures have the start line for each route drawn on in white so you just park at one and ask other people to join you through the chat window.

When enough people show up you agree amongst yourselves how many laps to race and which direction to race around, then someone does the countdown and you race.

However, I had a forced absence from the internet from the 31st of October to the 6th of December and so am completely unaware of what developments with this idea the MTAVC team have made. This is why I've resurrected this topic...hope everyone can understand why. :roll:

Sorry to double-post, but the new page didn't create itself properly. It said that I'd made the last post, and that there was 15 posts, but there was no link to the second page. I was only able to access it because I'm smart enough to know that adding "&start=15" will make it automatically try to view a second page.

Very weird error.

(EDIT) Oh, I just read the previous page in more detail. Good to see some people had actually heard of me by name! :lol:

arfgh wait for my connection :)
What the hell are you talking about? :shock:

[12:13:32] Cerbera/Ben (Dexxland Thu:

http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=5280&start=15 - I'm

more than happy to supply you with this radar mod. I could

get a proper computer graphics person from GTAForums to

make it prettier if you like?

[12:14:23] IJs | MTA | http://www.mtavc.com: looks cool

[12:14:51] Cerbera/Ben (Dexxland Thu: I tested it in MTAVC with TRX a

couple of months ago, along with my handling. he said he

liked both a lot.

[12:15:00] IJs | MTA | http://www.mtavc.com: ah

[12:15:06] Cerbera/Ben (Dexxland Thu: IIRC, you liked my handling as

well, didn't you

[12:15:10] IJs | MTA | http://www.mtavc.com: well it's probably not a big

thing to add that radar mod

[12:15:16] IJs | MTA | http://www.mtavc.com: yes sure

I'm currently seeing if any of the GFX'ers feel like smoothing it out and re-shading the colours to make it rather more presentable. Looks like the street racing mode I've been longing for ever since I started doing handling back in 1998 with GTA1 is finally coming true! :D