decent gamepad?

lazerface

Question

i started playing recently with a $5 usb gamepad that looks like a playstation controller. can anyone recommend any brand name usb gamepads for a reasonable price? particularly in regard to analogue sensitivity, a lot of my problem is the finer aiming motions being nearly impossible.

2 answers to this question

I decided to play Gamecube games on my PC and bought a real GC pad and an adapter (Mayflash), works like a charm, even if the drivers are kind of shoddy. Before that, I used a Logitech Rumblepad 2, it's basically a dualshock-style controller for PC.

The best investment would probably be a Wired 360 Controller. Increasingly more and more modern games are being built to support this controller by default, and it's becoming a standard. I actually have one Wired controller (Unofficial Madcatz), and one Official Wireless one (i bought a wireless 360 controller adapter to use the wireless).

Otherwise, I would recommend something to similar to robhol - I used to use a PS2 controller -> PC adapter which worked great, especially if you have some old PS2 controllers kicking around doing nothing.