mta on LAN

Guest roy

I have 2 pc's networked and talking to each other fine.Both have MTA installed. Both have all seeing eye installed.I can play MTA on the net hooking up each machine individually,so I know they both work.

I want to play MTA on a LAN game. No internet involvement whatsoever.

pc to pc and thats it.

I've tried doing this using the server, no joy i'm doing something wrong.

both machines can access each others files and see each other over the lan. I need one as the server and the other to join the game.

Any ideas please ?

Ive read the FAQ's and still no joy.

Thanks.

do i not need to touch the all seeing eye then ?

should I leave that closed and just use.

pc 1 mta server

pc2 mta client

under pc2 where is says host I type in the ip address of pc1 ?

is that right ?

right, the ASE simply sniffs around the internet for ip locations, which normally you wouldn't know about, but since it's YOUR computer, you can easily access the IP adress and necessary info.

So just assuming you do ipconfig on the server pc, and the adress is 192.168.2.2

simply input that ip, and the port number (defaults to 2003) in the MTAclient on the client pc

after reading his posts a few times, I'm not entirely convinced he's even running the server software.

First off, are you running the server???

Run the server, then as suggested obtain the IP address of the computer running the server. Then use the client to connect directly to that IP.

On the machine that the server is running on, you can simply connect to localhost instead of using an IP address. (yes, just type localhost)

thanks for the help.

pc1 run mta server. little dos box comes up tells me it running.and server is sucessfully running.mta :vc 0.1(little black box)

I type in the host as localhost.

pc2 run mta client and type in where it says (host) the ip address of pc1.

done that also.As I said they talk to each other without the game fine.

Ive enabled ase in the sewrver config.

I've gone onto ase and used LAN servers and can see myself there as a dedicated server.

When pc 2 tries to connect it says w

When I click connect it says connecting then disconnects 10 sec time out.

or i get incompatible version.

At what point does the game kick off? Do I need to have the game up and running before pc2 connects ?

How do I get the game to run without using ASE ?

Ive tried starting it, but it just plays as a normal game with no option for MTA.

As I said I can see the dedicated server on pc1 but pc2 cannot connect incompatible version.

I even get this message on pc1 when I click connect.

No firewalls or antivirus is running at this time.

IT doin' my head in.Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Roy

just reread my post and it even confuses me let me try again.

pc1 run server config enable ASE. now i run the mTA server and a little black box appears telling me its running fine.

I then open ASE choose lan server and can see myself there.

I dble click it and a box opens. I choose as host localhost and leave the port as default.

pc2 open MTA client.under host i type in the ip of pc 1.

I make sure both verions (top rgthnd corner) are the same.v1.0 or v1.1

I click connect.It times out and says incompatible version.

Because Ive enabled ase on the server config on pc1 I can now use ASE to do it for me.

So pc2 open ASE choose LAN server and I see my other machine.

I dbleclick it and again a little box comes up. Under host I type in the IP number of Pc1.(i have definately got this right, I know there are two ips one internet and the other lan, but I set the ip address manually on both machines so know ive got the right one.)

I make sure the version to run is the same as pc1(either v1.0or v1.1)

and click connect.

Up comes the box incompatible version.

cheers guys

I have played with mta:vc alot! and love it!! but there are lots of bugs but I am mainly concerned about the admin panel and how to kick and ban users? I just got some of the german mods linked from somewhere on this forum! thanx!! gta mta death rally 2004

I have played with mta:vc alot! and love it!! but there are lots of bugs but I am mainly concerned about the admin panel and how to kick and ban users? I just got some of the german mods linked from somewhere on this forum! thanx!! gta mta death rally 2004

1: Why here?

2: Don't use those mods with MTA!!!!!

3: Why are people always complaining about: Yes, there are lots of bugs blablabla... MAKE A GAME YOUR OWN IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO IT BETTER!!

im not complaining!!! should i start posting my specific bug report or what?

why not use the mods??

is there anyway to kick users?? i have got the admin panel to load but i cant connect to it and there isnt any admin commands, i found yet but im

still searching

- mods will destroy the syncronization between two or more clients

- mods aren't like the original they replace so they are not synced

- mods can cross the vc-engine limits, causing a crash

- mods will change files -> not synced

etc