Coloured names????

Guest (HMC)GhOsT

No you just [EDIT]

[EDIT]

[EDIT]

and that's all you have to [EDIT]

I could tell you but I wont [EDIT]

[EDIT] [EDIT]

But, seriously the coloured names really do mess with the servers and I don't let anybody play on mine with the colours turned on. All you have to do is set your name to black and then no more scoreboard. You just can't read it after they logon. You get one change to turn it off and then *bang* your gone...

It's not hard to find out how to do it but don't expect to remain on the server for long if you do :wink: For some reason you'll be branded a cheat straight away...

YE it could be nice, i remember in mta:vc 0.1 the were easier and didnt "seem" to cause instabilaty from what i know, the were like ~b~ for bleu ~Y~ for yellow etcetc( btw these dont work with 0.2 nor 0.2.2 so no need to try them out, even having said that i know some of you will go try them)

Why are these taken out.. And I saw some1 with Color Name but that didn't effect the game....

because the game crashes a lot anyways and people assume that something as little as changing the color of their name causes that, which isn't the case at all, its just bugs that everything else ends up having. This is a beta after all.

No, the problem with colored names is that it probably causes the config.cfg to be cleared, requiring a re-install.

Yes, it is a bug in MTA that allows you to use colors... You were never meant to be able to use them.

No, the problem with colored names is that it probably causes the config.cfg to be cleared, requiring a re-install.

Yes, it is a bug in MTA that allows you to use colors... You were never meant to be able to use them.

Or make the config.cfg file read-only?

• MTA Team

2 things:

*collored names have been known to cause server instability and increase the number of crashes.

*they mess up the scoreboard, chat and so on

Therefore we urge you not to use colored nicknames

and don't come with the argument : why did you put it in? simple we didn't, it is some D3D stuff we didn't know about

2 things:

*collored names have been known to cause server instability and increase the number of crashes.

*they mess up the scoreboard, chat and so on

Therefore we urge you not to use colored nicknames

and don't come with the argument : why did you put it in? simple we didn't, it is some D3D stuff we didn't know about

The server runs on DOS! Dos has no problems with non-characters characters :)

And u can fix that scorebord :)

(btw how do u get colors in the MTA stuff...?)