Error Reading The Grand Theft Auto : Vice City DVD

Guest crashed

Im playing the game and as im nearing the airport / ship dock, i get the msg "Error Reading The Grand Theft Auto : Vice City DVD" and my games stops , i can type /quit in console, my car/bike is locked, i can still hear ambient sounds, and cars driving by and see them active on the minimap.

I dont get this as i have the gta:vc on cdrom, and its something only happening for MTA 0.22.

any solutions to this would be GOOD!

thx.[/img]

Im playing the game and as im nearing the airport / ship dock, i get the msg "Error Reading The Grand Theft Auto : Vice City DVD" and my games stops ... I dont get this as i have the gta:vc on cdrom...

IT says DVD because GTA:VC was ported to the PC from the PS2 console. The PS2 uses DVDs not CDs. If it can't read from the DVD then it would stop the game and display that message. I guess it's just something left over in the game from when they ported it over. For the PS2 it would read the files off the DVD, for the PC it reads the files off the harddrive. It can't find the required file(s) on your harddrive so it displays that message. They just never changed it for the PC. That's all.

Re install the game like suggested. That should fix the problem. Unless your CD is damaged and its not installing the game properly.