about modded files

Guest Emperor_2

why can't you use modded files in MTA ?

i think you should be able to use modded cars if you want all the server needs to do is check if the file is the same "version" and maybe send the file everyone else is using on thet server to you if you want

Im not a team member of course but i think there is a logic explanation.

Say that you are going to play with your friend . You have the south bridge mod . Your friends does not , when you get on the bridge , on your friend's pc your car or player will be floating in mid-air. And this happens because MTA cannot "send" the mod you have temporarily to your friends.

It messes up things and Same with cars

But one things that the team should do is : Make the MTA installer install some "popular" mod in vc such as the hidden interiors . so that everyone can enjoy the secret places :D

ok i understand the server cant replace files within the gta.img archiv

but what about more basic mods in the weapons.dat and handling.cfg files

it shouldn't be too hard to make the server go trough the file/s and compare it to a server original(wich of course needs to be replaced if you want to change something ) and/or make the client popup a quiestion if the files doesn't match saying like "handling.cfg mismatch do you want to replace old file "

@ poke, says you, i want my own cars ingame. or atleast my carcols-compatible patriot. that green is sickly.

@ghettofab, congrats, you got picked up by a cheater. its not possible to DRIVE on water w/out a trainer, unless he had a map mod like 2 inches above the water...

if they allowed weapons.dat or handling file , everyone would cheat and some people would have bigger and better weapons than others . :?

i don't think is would be so easy to do that if the server compared the file of the joining player to what the server was using(go trough the file letter by letter ) and if it didn't match then you wouldn't be allowed to join until you downloaded the file from the server

The problem is that you're seeing something other than someone else. Such as the fact that you look like you're driving, say, a Cheetah to everyone in the game, but the physics and dimensions are different on your game. Therefore they may see you stuck somewhere in the hood of the car, causing their game to crash. The easiest solution is to create two installs of Vice City, one unmodded for MTA, and the other for all of your modifications.

i know i shouldnt be saying this, but I have Infinite Health for ANY vehicle in the game :)

This isnt cheating because........ I ONLY PLay in Stunt Servers so anyone that says im cheating. SHUT UP. :)

btw, mta should make a option for the admin to select how much the vehicles in game should have like Infinte health, or just Twice as Normal.

Dont Bug me about how to get infinte Health :)

no you can use mods but i dont know how.

one time i played mta, i got into a car of someone and he drove with me over water :lol:

heh yeah, that was me :lol:

[edit] I just noticed that people might flame me.... I do NOT cheat. no matter how much I want to, I DO NOT CHEAT. (except for my ability to drive over water....)

there wouldn't be any problem if you were only allowed to edit the car stats and weapon stats (or have an option to switch the check thingie on server off and use exactly the same mods)

there wouldn't be any problem if you were only allowed to edit the car stats and weapon stats (or have an option to switch the check thingie on server off and use exactly the same mods)

If people were allowed to edit the weapons, they'd jack them down to 0 damage (it would still do full damage to enemies of course), and edit the cars to be insanely fast and strong... It would absolutely have to be an option if it were ever implemented.