Requesting decent info about removeworldmodel

zaneboy2

Hello all!

I created this account here cause I have a rather annoying problem. I'm trying to start mapping on a decent level with MTA (did some mappings before). So far I managed to implement the 0.3 SAMP objects into MTA which is great. Now I'm trying to remove standard objects/buildings in SA so I'm able to map over them. I already did some research and visited the removeWorldModel wiki page and several other topics spread across this forum. I spent a lot of hours searching for a decent guide/tutorial but so far I haven't found one. I already created my own .lua script and edited all the required things in the meta.xml file but so far without any luck. Even when I copied some examples from the removeWorldModel wiki page into the .lua file.

For some reason the objects I tried to remove so far are not removed when using the script. I see many topics of people who also have problems with deleting objects but at least they already managed to delete certain objects, so some usable information must be available somewhere right? Therefore I'm asking if someone would be that kind to give me a decent explanation from beginning to end on how to setup the script and actually manage to delete an object in MTA.

Much appreciation in advance and kind regards,

zaneboy

Thanks for the reply!

I tried some things with the information provided there but no success. To test, I attempted to remove the big ear object from the map. In the screenshot below are all my files (.lua file and meta.xml file). I don't know if I scripted something wrong or not. I also tried to go around the map in the map editor in order to let everything reload in case it would have been streamed already.

screenshot:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8748 ... shotpv.png

Thanks for the assistance so far!

Even that didn't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. Even downloaded Notepad++ and redid everything, thinking that the normal notepad could give some problems but it seems that it doesn't make a difference. I suppose MTA doesn't use the .lua file at all then? Meaning that I might have forgot something, I don't know what exactly. Cause you only need to edit the meta.xml file in order to link the .lua file to MTA, right?

Sorry for the bump but; where do I need to place these files? I read on the wiki that they need to be put in the resources map file as I always thought they had to be in the map file itself. I did put them in the resources map file but still no effect. Maybe I place them in a totally wrong directory? :?

If you try to remove elements just for Map Editor just create resource removing all objects and start it AFTER you start map editor.

After you finish this map be sure to include this script with a map file.

Notice that loading a map in map editor DOES NOT execute scripts included within that map resource.

And I hope you will stay with MTA, not just use MTA for creating SAMP maps.

well, all the resource/folders are suppose to be under 'C:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas 1.4\server\mods\deathmatch\resources'

anything in that folder is a resource.

If you want to make your resources separate from these resource, then you would need to create a folder and add '[' at the beginning/front and ']' at the end/back.

Example: '[Jaysds1_Resources]'.

and please note, there's not suppose to be any spaces for the file/script names and/or resources, if you want to place a space, use '_' instead.

I did everything Jaysds1 stated and no effect.

If you try to remove elements just for Map Editor just create resource removing all objects and start it AFTER you start map editor.

And how exactly do I start a resource after I started the map editor? Sorry but I'm a total "newbie" when it comes to scripting etc. I tried to search the wiki too but I probably don't know very well where to search correctly.

And I hope you will stay with MTA, not just use MTA for creating SAMP maps.

No worries on that. ;)

And how exactly do I start a resource after I started the map editor? Sorry but I'm a total "newbie" when it comes to scripting etc. I tried to search the wiki too but I probably don't know very well where to search correctly.

well, first you would need to login to your 'Admin' account in order to start/restart/stop a resource.

If you don't know how to do this, please read this: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Ser ... nistrators

and if you want to know any server commands then, please read this: Console

Alright, thanks for the help so far, I'm getting somewhere! But I'm not across the finish yet.

I created my admin account, did the whole procedure as stated in the wiki. Once in the map editor again I logged in, did a refresh to update my resources and when I typed start resourcename it gave the message "start: Resource could not be found". I did place the removeworldmodel files (client.lua, server.lua and meta.xml) in a map and added the '[ ]' brackets and placed it in C:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.3\server\mods\deathmatch\resources directory.

Any idea what could have gone wrong?