MTA Android App.

ChaseOquinn

Question

Today I developed this small simple android app. At the moment it doesn't have that many features, I plan on adding more in the future, but you can check the latest news, see the latest videos and the latest photos uploaded to the MTA moddb photo gallery. Here's some screenshots.

Update: v1.1

New layout

Removed frequent loading ring

Added the Community Resources page

Added Development page

Photos now load in the app instead of opening the browser.

Videos now open the youtube app instead of playing in the browser.

Screen 1.

K46mt.png

Screen 2.

4PyEa.png

Screen 3.

VaS5I.png

QR Code.

mfTpE.png

or

Download Link.

http://www.4shared.com/android/VS0Kzo-k/MTA__2_.html?refurl=d1url

Notice: If you downloaded the previous version please delete that before installing this version

Edited by Guest

19 answers to this question

Mmm... that looks interesting. Wonder what could we add to it to make it more useful. Maybe latest resources/community integration?

I've got it to show the latest resources, but the display image for those resources wont show up.

How about adding a mobile-friendly skin for MediaWiki and adding an easy to use wiki browser to it too ? Would be handy possibly. :P

Good Idea, I'll look into that and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks Z3RB1AN. I would like to see this app become more popular, because more and more people are using smartphones now and this app will keep people up to date with what's going on with MTA on the go. As of right now I don't plan on updating the app anymore, but some updates may come in the future when I have time and learn more about app development.

Thanks Z3RB1AN. I would like to see this app become more popular, because more and more people are using smartphones now and this app will keep people up to date with what's going on with MTA on the go. As of right now I don't plan on updating the app anymore, but some updates may come in the future when I have time and learn more about app development.

When you do have time then by all means keep this topic updated as this would defaintly be a big hit. Whilst I know this was made by you I think if someone out there was to create the final touches then perhaps MTA could use this as the official app for the community. Great work nonetheless.

When you do have time then by all means keep this topic updated as this would defaintly be a big hit. Whilst I know this was made by you I think if someone out there was to create the final touches then perhaps MTA could use this as the official app for the community. Great work nonetheless.

Thanks once again. When I do have the time the next feature that's on my list is adding the wiki.

You have done great work! Its awesome

May i suggest you make the same app compatible for Iphones,Ipods and Ipads?

They are very popular these days

Just a tip! Carry on!

I would love to add support for the iPhone, iPod and iPad, but due to apples high security (not allowing apps outside of the app store to be installed) I just cant add support for it, and I cant afford a development account with apple, because it cost $99USD a year.