Darkened cars that have been modded

Enko

Question

I'll start with a picture:

http://puu.sh/11w03

http://puu.sh/11wGs

For awhile up to a certain point I was keeping up with regular updates, then recently the nightly builds started giving me this error, so I stopped. With 1.3.1 out I upgraded to it and now it's back, I can't really stick on 1.3 with this update now so I need to work out if this can get addressed.

Basically random cars just appear to be darkened, re streaming them by re logging or just moving far away and back seems to fix some and then break others, or just not do much at all, but usually there's always a car just in this 'darkened' state.

I've updated even to the latest 306 nVidia drivers to see if they would assist, but they haven't so far, any help is appreciative.

Regards,

Enko

Edited by Guest

17 answers to this question

I reverted back to this version:

Multi Theft Auto v1.3-release-3916

This one works as intended, the vehicles are not darkened anymore, however the issues is I cannot upgrade to 1.3.1, and chances are it may become a requirement soon enough.

I'd also like to ask prior to doing so what you think the Chipset, Ethernet and Storage drivers are going to do to fix this, as I don't think they'll do anything at all to it (as it's fixed in a previous version of MTA for a start) and I have a rather delicate balance with drivers due to the volume of different programs I run.

Cheers

I just always provide an entire list of drivers that may be out of date on a user's particular system, just to be thorough. If you don't want to update them, that's your choice - I also agree that they shouldn't matter with this specific crash.

If you could spare the time, please try to find the specific nightly build which causes your crashes, as it'll help us fix the problem faster.

From what I can gather when I get up to around 4055 I get compiler errors when I join a server, then further up they seem to crash, though when I get to 4136 it seems to have returned back to having most of the cars darkened again. The most reliable ones I found were before rc-4010.

With that I have temporarily revered back to 3940 and going to stick with that for now as it seems to be the solution, though it means I have to suffer the lengthy connect times, and I suppose I need to upgrade soon enough.

I did so with my post before my last one. 4606 still has the same problem.

I also have some friends who reported just this issue, directed them to a lower build 3940 and it fixed it for them as well, seems like something with one of the updates around or above 4010.