DD-Mode Section - Suggestion - New Life For The Forum

After much consideration, the moderation team have agreed to give this idea a go. We thank everyone for their support in suggesting this and for their patience. We should be setting this up very soon.

To be honest.. You posted this at Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:01 am, I don't wanna sound disrespectful, but 4 month's have passed already. This idea of Zaya is just great, maybe put a bit more effort in creating it.

It's a great development for every DD server/team- and team-less player.

Servers could get more known, Teams could do clan-wars against other clans more easily and clan-less players could search for a clan to there performance. More known Community's could create tournaments were also other servers there clan could participate.

We could share/sell/trade our maps and scripts and develop things together.

Personally I wonder why there isn't such a section already, it would be interesting for the MTA team itself to.

You could check how servers are doing, maybe even support some servers because of the things they do.

Nevertheless, thanks to them there are so much people playing MTA, and some of them also donated to you.

Anyways, FOTL and its community supports this idea.

Regards,

Shot.

Apologies for this. Please understand that MTA today is not the same as MTA 5 years ago. There are less of us around and those that do want to help are limited in time. We simply forgot about your request. In the future anyone feeling ignored should come to IRC to be sure we revisit your request.

Edit: A solution is forthcoming... I am thinking about it

To correct Ransom: no, I didn't exactly forget about this request. If i'm honest, I was ready to go ahead with this 4months ago - but after I posted the announcement I got very little feedback. I was surprised that after 3 pages of requests, after finally clearing it with the team, that was next to no reception. It was unclear if the demand was still remaining. There seemed to be a surge in interest to start with, but then faded out. If there is still a strong interest, i'm happy to add it.

Other than that, I can only apologize for this not being added. If you still think this is going to be strong section that's not going to turn into a ghost town, then I can promise you a short lead time. But in return I would like to see a resurgence in the kind of energy that was in this topic that fizzled out when i had announced it.

I don't understand why you guys think so bad about it, the chance that it turns into a success is huge. And even if it will end up in a mess you could simply move it to archive.

Nobody can promise that it'll develop, it all depends on the known clans and it members. If known ones will go and use it others probably follow. But without giving it a try we'll never know.

Zaya, if you need any kind of help I'm pleased to help you, you know how you can contact me I guess)

Warmest regards,

Shot.

• 4 months later...