DD-Mode Section - Suggestion - New Life For The Forum

Managers of this forum, please dont be so sceptics.

I can understand that you may be have no time on developing the site.

But creating a new section (which is really needed) with Gamemodes (Race/DD/DM/Shooting/Other) - is not a big deal!

I feel like I speak with vacuum. Its very disrespectfully to ignore people.

Yes you made this game and its great result.

But we play this game. We are devoted to MTA for many years.

And we brought many people in this game.

Give us an answer - "yes" or "no".

Edited by Guest

Not trying to bump but saying what the others said, seemed that you didn't really understand and that seems to be the reason you PM'ed me.

This is not needed, at all. Server owners have their own forum to discuss about these things, and most popular servers have their own game-mode.

This is not needed, at all. Server owners have their own forum to discuss about these things, and most popular servers have their own game-mode.

I dont understand why you told that.

Yes, some servers have own specific gamemode, like Zombie, RPG, Drifting, Trucking. How many such servers do you know? I know 7-8 servers in the whole MTA, and they really have own forums, because its the best way for them and THEY ARE SINGLE.

While other gamemodes have great number of same type servers, like Race, DD, DM, Shooting (Base, Tactics, others). Especially it is topical for DD, its like a separate game, and it has no main site. 10-15 servers where only DD maps and only DD players. Sure, some owners can add own ideas/scripts in gamemode, but it doesnt change the sence, its still the same gamemode.

And the specific of the DD is that its like a Counter-Strike, we need to be in contact for clanwars and last news. And its problem that one part of community dont know about other part of community, and there are no central site for that.

(now I feel like a parrot, repeating the same words, or you didnt read my previous replies)

Hi guys

For a little while now we've been discussing the feasibility of this internally. Most of our moderation feel fundamentally it's a good idea, and would perhaps advertise MTA a little better.

My personal concerns relate to the fragmentation of the forums, and the extra work that's going to put on us (moderation). We have to think about what warrants an 'official gamemode', and who is best placed to moderate these sections. Inevitably there will be disputes between DD servers and they'll be housed on our forums. It's our responsibility to deal with those disputes, but we don't always know the ideal course of action. Recruiting extra moderators also requires a long vetting process and trying to find people who are more interested in the MTA forums rather than their own personal status.

Another thing one of our team has voiced concern over is the potential for 'wastelands' in the forum. While there seems to be a clear indication for support for DD, it leaves us having to guess if there's potential for other gamemodes. Moreover, these forums overlap quite heavily - e.g. Race/DD/Gangs sections may all have common topics, yet we're forced to categorise them. There's a worry that discussion that is common to all these gamemodes get lost in particular communities.

At this time we're continuing to think of ways around these problems. I welcome you guys to make suggestions, but we have to try and think of a solution that works for you guys and us, as maintainers of the forums.

We have to think about what warrants an 'official gamemode', and who is best placed to moderate these sections. Inevitably there will be disputes between DD servers and they'll be housed on our forums. It's our responsibility to deal with those disputes, but we don't always know the ideal course of action. Recruiting extra moderators also requires a long vetting process and trying to find people who are more interested in the MTA forums rather than their own personal status.

I am fully agree with you. But I think that 'gamemodes' sections wont bеcome very popular immediately, so for the first time you can try current moderators of the forum who are playing these gamemodes.

I understand that future 'gamemode' moderators should be well-known, respectable, neutral in the community and adequate people.

Idk many options, I can only suggest may be 'Deagle' for DM and DD.

it leaves us having to guess if there's potential for other gamemodes.

People are inert. Until you dont create the sections, they wont set out. I am wondered why nobody before me did suggest gamemodes categories for the forum.

The best case scenario would be that a couple of guys who played alot of DD should be "hired" to make tournaments (ofcourse those are not allowed to be in any clan and can not participate in tournaments) and also stream the games on sites like twich.tv/own3d.tv (and ofcourse by streaming i mean commentating the game meanwhile,this could also attract sponsors in time because the cars/roads/... can have product placements) this in my opinion is the only way to promote the competitive side and i believe that 1 day it will happen. :D

PS: If needed i could make like a 5-10 min pilot stream :)

• 3 weeks later...

After much consideration, the moderation team have agreed to give this idea a go. We thank everyone for their support in suggesting this and for their patience. We should be setting this up very soon.

This will be somewhat an experiment, and we'll have to see how things go. If extra moderation is needed, we may request a community moderator. If everything goes badly, we may have to shut down the section and go back to how things were.

Cheers

I support this as long as everyone agrees the original "destruction derby" map was the best!

I hope destruction derby maps get away from the endless mazes of narrow connecting piers that characterize DD of today... sheesh get some imagination people.

Ransom, a conception has been changed.

It is not possible to play on 'Destruction Derby' map nowadays, because it will be long and boring camping.

Yes, this map is DD, but the conception is another - to kill by HP only, such map is like Cops'n'Robbers, its another DD, like in games - Flat Out, Destruction Derby.

One guy wanted to make a branch of DD based on this idea: the person who is attacking is getting points and HP. So the most active one will win. This should be interesting.

It was not possible to make it in the first versions of MTA 1.0.x, but I guess its possible since MTA supports the event of car-touch. May be someone will do, I am sure it will be fun.

Last 5-6 years the ideas of Wankenstein and Cross DD are popular.

1) Difficult Repair (possibility to block it)

2) killing by push in water,

- it needs skill from player and as result its more interesting for players.

Its sad that people stoped to make smth really new, we see hunderds of variations of Cross'es. DD needs more different maps with other cars, not only Cheetah, and with new conceptions.

I can not understand why people dont like 'Destruction Water', its cool conception, and its one of the first DD maps in MTA.

I really dont like what happened with [DM] maps. Nowadays it is 'Loops-Loops-Loops', all the maps are the same and boring. Oldschool DM maps without ghostmode were really fun and maps were different and unique, the projects of authors' imagination. And new generations of players I am sure even dont know how DM was, they only see this boring 'TrackMania' made in 'MTA'.

After much consideration, the moderation team have agreed to give this idea a go. We thank everyone for their support in suggesting this and for their patience. We should be setting this up very soon.

This will be somewhat an experiment, and we'll have to see how things go. If extra moderation is needed, we may request a community moderator. If everything goes badly, we may have to shut down the section and go back to how things were.

Cheers

when will you launch it?

• 3 months later...