MTA/GTA:VC World Record Challenge

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't ppl already gotten 3 flips? Or is it just me?

And Bloody: what's with seperating cars from bikes all of a sudden? Ain't we still looking for the absolute best stunt in each category? I mean if it could be done better with a car, wouldn't at least one of the 3 have been done with something else than a PCJ?

IMO by dividing them like this it's like we're asking for less now; nothing's gonna top a PCJ stunt, for the simple reason that nothing can top a PCJ's overall performance (cars need some good run up space to get to max speed, so the only exception to that would simply be seeing the standard stunts done faster).

Anyway dunno, shady call if you ask me :S.

Haven't ppl already gotten 3 flips? Or is it just me?

And Bloody: what's with seperating cars from bikes all of a sudden? Ain't we still looking for the absolute best stunt in each category? I mean if it could be done better with a car, wouldn't at least one of the 3 have been done with something else than a PCJ?

IMO by dividing them like this it's like we're asking for less now; nothing's gonna top a PCJ stunt, for the simple reason that nothing can top a PCJ's overall performance (cars need some good run up space to get to max speed, so the only exception to that would simply be seeing the standard stunts done faster).

Anyway dunno, shady call if you ask me :S.

The Rhino can jump further than any other vehicle though ;)
Try not using the cannon's recoil and tell me what you got :wink:.

Not even the taxi's booster can get you as high as a perfectly timed PCJ stunt.

Why would I do that when I try to get as far as possible? It's a part of the cannon, so why not allow records with it used? It's a skill as any other stunt.
No there isnt a wheelie record, for it to be official u have to have a vid of it and u have to ride it out for 3 seconds. Same with any record here.

EDIT: well since there is no "official" stoppie record i thought i would submit mine http://www.thegamersalliance.com/videos ... ord-GF.avi :D

I broke your "record" ;)

My record is 3440 feet:

- screenshot (640×480)

But the recording of it got messed up :/

The distance I have a a screenshot and a video of is 3424 feet:

- screenshot (640×480)

- video 1 (320×240 @ 6×speed (33sec duration) / 4.3 MiB)

- video 2 (640×480 @ 1×speed (9sec duration) / 3.9 MiB)

If you can't see the avi files, or can't open the rar files, use these links:

- Nic's newst XviD binary

- Winrar

EDIT:

I couldn't get the upload thing to work. I saw the movie files being uploaded, but couldn't find them when I browsed, and when I tried to upload the screenshots, it just said that I hadn't selected any files.. The rules said no to upload just pictures, but if I upload the movies and the pictures at the same time, they will all go to the same folder, which will get some of them deleted :/

Ok, I added a few more catagories to make things a little more intresting. This is the last addition of catagories there will be.

~ There will be no flip catagory for bikes

~ there is a new rhino catagory where nothing but rhino stunts can be submitted

~ There is an overall best record section which will include bikes, cars, and rhino stunts.

The whole point of a contest is to have contenders, i think we were limiting the number of people who could compete by the way we were doing it in the past, we knew from the beginning that the PCJ would dominate, but it makes it ALOT more intresting when you get to see more then 3 world record stunts and more then 3 people can say they hold the world record. This will be more intresting for EVERYONE. So get out there and brake some records, or make them at this point :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just updated the stats on this post, but the stats on thegamersalliance.com won't be updated for another day or two. Also there has been some videos uploaded to TGA challenging the rotation record with a PCJ, I haven't had a chance to review them yet but theywill be updated soon after the review. one is 3227 degree! :shock:

Nice work guys! and keep breaking those records, This is going to narrow down to who is the best of the best.

~ Bloody

Alright i updated the stats here and on TGA, Just incase no one noticed we have waited 3 months for someone to break the rotation record and now two guys broke it within a day of eachother. Sorry ramon but as soon as i got your entry Barney entered his 3227 rotation. Both are nice stunts, take a look at the landing of barneys, couldn't have been more perfect! Nice work all of ya, Now i am off to see if i can raise the bar on some car stunts =-)

BTW the official listing of the world records on TGA is here: CLICK ME