Your Internet connection

• 6 months later...

Download Accelerator...

I wish people had common sense, or that they just disappear...

dusty: thats a good thing, you shouldn't be getting tOO far below your 3mbit limit. When I lived out in the middle of nowhere, I got 2megaBYTES/sec on cable... they started implementing tighter caps though, probably due to misconfiguration :P and evnetually was around 3-4mbit.

Download Accelerator...

I wish people had common sense, or that they just disappear...

whats wrong with dap? ive been using it for ages because of the mirror option. you can mirror of 4 sites and get double the speed you would normaly get as long as its the same file :) and the resume option is realy nice for when ya crash

You only get "double the speed" if your internet isn't efficient enough to pipe all of the data at once, or if there are limits on the server per connection. Otherwise, it just about does you no good. I guess you haven't seen what else is installed when you install your DAP crap... ah well.

Make your own if you want something like that. Getting a file 15 seconds faster'll definately help, 'eh?

Try something other than IE, other browsers have things builtin to help against failed downloads..

You only get "double the speed" if your internet isn't efficient enough to pipe all of the data at once, or if there are limits on the server per connection. Otherwise, it just about does you no good. I guess you haven't seen what else is installed when you install your DAP crap... ah well.

Make your own if you want something like that. Getting a file 15 seconds faster'll definately help, 'eh?

Try something other than IE, other browsers have things builtin to help against failed downloads..

^^^

Winner.

Now a program like GetRight (make sure to input the serial before installing, or you get adware) will use multiple mirrors to split up the file into bits, and download multiple bits at once in order to speed it up, if you have the speed to handle that.

I don't have enough download to need it, 500kbit/128kbit.

:(

GetRight Sucks !!!!

I had GetRight installed and it modified my internet connection with my 56kb Modem from 5/6 kb to 2/3 kb a second..

Then I uninstalled GetRight and my internet connection was still slow, so I had too tweak Windows and install my whole connection again..

DAP is good for Dial-Up connection but with my Cable connection it doesn't really work..