Peds?

consider this, if u had 96 peds syched and walking around with a server that is full and has 32 players, thats the same as have 128 players on the serv!

now thats alot of coding to do and it will prevent major lag unless they take there time and do this right.

im thinking it may start its beta phases in around .4 to .5

consider this, if u had 96 peds syched and walking around with a server that is full and has 32 players, thats the same as have 128 players on the serv!

IS it, tho? Are peds as complex as players, or do they have less info? Peds just walk and die, I figured.

Is Iggy right, or can one of the actual MTA programmer guys explain? Is it actually a possibility in future versions? And don't bother answering this, Ig - I posted this for the coders, not the testers...

I wants the peds so baad!

don't wait around for it.. probably not going to happen

1. LAG yes it takes bandwith to sync players... and pedestrians are no different.

2. Memory issues, VC was designed as Single player only, as such you notice that peds are only generated around the players... there is a limit to the number of pedestrians the engine can display... and we push that limit w/ just 32 players..

3. Gameplay... We feel that once we get some good gamemodes implemented.. that people honestly wont care about peds.

*edit* try it again pusher and you get banned

Kent

LAG yes it takes bandwith to sync players... and pedestrians are no different.

Goddamn bandwidth.

Memory issues, VC was designed as Single player only, as such you notice that peds are only generated around the players... there is a limit to the number of pedestrians the engine can display... and we push that limit w/ just 32 players..

Damn.

We feel that once we get some good gamemodes implemented.. that people honestly wont care about peds.

True, that. Thanks fer the info, chief. Stunt mode rocks super-hard, by the way. Keepitup.

*edit*

try it again pusher and you get banned

Dude, I'm just trying to share my love for *LINK DELETED* with the world! Won't happen again.

EDIT by me (the moderator): Do NOT post that picture ever again.

If there would be peds, and if we forget the lag 'n technical restrictions, Vice City would look a bit more living, but even the 96 peds in the city would be very small amount, and it wouldn't help much. If there would be peds, people would like to kill them and forget the other players. And of course, there IS a possibility that people like killing peds so much, that they use all their ammo to them and whine about it and want more weapon pickups into the game :wink: