Weapons

eL bAd

perfect balancing feature: anyonw holding a sniper gun has the pink arrow over them, and can get killed with 1 single shot of anything :)

Nah, you don't get that in other games and snipers seem to be balanced there...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was kinda kidding about that.

the difference between mta and other games however, is the "range" system in vice city makes it so someone sniping from a distance is in absolutely no danger whatsoever from getting shot back, unlike say, cs.

the difference between mta and other games however, is the "range" system in vice city makes it so someone sniping from a distance is in absolutely no danger whatsoever from getting shot back, unlike say, cs.

What about Far Cry? That's meant to have a long range and I know it has a sniper rifle.

Tribes 2 has a laser rifle but that's different because it fires a long red laser beam which you can trace back to where it came from.

I haven't played Far Cry, yet, but my point was, that no matter how far the sniper is, you do have a slight chance of being able to fight back by shooting at the sniper (althought you need perfect aim and a lot of luck)

but with vc, the bullets simply dont go that far at all.

yes, theres a difference between making vice city multiplayer, and making a multiplayer game using the vice city engine.

Very true. I've always noticed that the MTA team don't like to tinker with the core gameplay, as they remain true to the original premise of bringing multiplayer to GTA and not GTA to multiplayer.

Edit: Damn Vendetta, beat me to it.

Edited by Guest

lmao, my bad, almost forgot, never really modded that there is really no point unless u cheat, or want a superweapon :P i was thinking more about the bike doing flips section, i thought for some reason this was in the same catagory, o well, mta wont mod ANY gtavc files in 0.3 or 0.4 so...NOW...stfu newbs, lmao

lmao, my bad, almost forgot, never really modded that there is really no point unless u cheat, or want a superweapon :P i was thinking more about the bike doing flips section, i thought for some reason this was in the same catagory, o well, mta wont mod ANY gtavc files in 0.3 or 0.4 so...NOW...stfu newbs, lmao

They haven't modified anything!

Even the MTA files are separate files...

It's nice they're secure enough to do that, that way they can really say "We don't modify anything."

:shock:

Again, it's range makes it seem unbeatable, but again, keep in mind it takes time between shots to readjust the aim, as well as the slow rate of fire, and as for range being a factor, well, if they get to a spot on foot, they can be reached by foot, and if they camp on top of a building or something, the slow rate of fire won't save them from heliblades. >: D

{REMOVED - rebel you should know better, NO leaking of info, people have already started imagining all sorts of things because you decided it was 'ok to reveal this' - MrBump}

-no more info- { damn right - MrBump }

well if i was as priveledged as you i wouldnt have made that assumption, mta hasnt revealed that info until.....you just did, lmao, so, was i more informed i would not have made my comment, but mrbump and others assure the features are locked in, so iunno know what to belive now

Lol muffled and dragged into the shadows by Bump :P

BTW have you guys ever looked into the driver shootin deal? I mean shootin ppl's heads and upper torsos behind windshields and inflictin damage. AFAIK pickin ppl off bikes works even now, this would seem a logical next step.

Edit: Meh, just saw it being discussed on the other active thread here, so fux dat. Carry on peeps.