Help plzzz

mamo

local screenWidth, screenHeight = guiGetScreenSize() 
dxDrawColorText ('#ffa500Nextmap: #ffFFff' .. g_NextMap, 2, screenHeight - dxGetFontHeight(1.7, 'default-bold')/2, 100, 100, tocolor ( 255, 255, 255, 255 ), 0.9, 'default-bold', 0.9, 'left') 
if (g_MapInfo) then 
    dxDrawColorText ('#ffa500Map: #ffFFff' .. g_MapInfo.name, 2, screenHeight - dxGetFontHeight(3.3, 'default-bold')/2, 100, 100, tocolor ( 255, 255, 255, 255 ), 0.9, 'default-bold', 0.9, 'left') 
    else 
    dxDrawColorText ('#ffa500Map: #ffFFff- Nothing -', 2+1, screenHeight - dxGetFontHeight(3.3, 'default-bold')/2+1, 100+1, 100+1, tocolor ( 255, 255, 255, 255 ), 0.9, 'default-bold', 0.9, 'left') 
end 
dxDrawColorText ('#ffa500Spectators: #ffFFff' .. #Spectators .. '', 3.7, screenHeight - dxGetFontHeight(5.0, 'default-blod')/2+1, 100+1, 100+1, tocolor ( 255, 255, 255, 255 ), 0.9, 'default-bold', 0.9, 'left') 
if getElementData(getLocalPlayer(),"fps") then 
    dxDrawColorText ('#ffa500FPS: #ffFFff' .. getElementData(getLocalPlayer(),"fps"), 1.2, screenHeight - dxGetFontHeight(6.5, 'default-bold')/2, 100, 100, tocolor ( 255, 255, 255, 255 ), 0.9, 'default-bold', 0.9, 'left') 
else 
    dxDrawColorText ('#ffa500FPS: #ffFFff??', 1.6, screenHeight - dxGetFontHeight(6.5, 'default-bold')/2, 100, 100, tocolor ( 255, 255, 255, 255 ), 0.9, 'default-bold', 0.9, 'left') 
    end 
end 
     x, y = guiGetScreenSize() --x is the width of the screen 
    x = x - 100 --X is now 100 Pixel from the right end of the screen. 

addEventHandler("onClientRender", getRootElement(), 
    function () 
    dxDrawColorText ('#ffa500sb#ffffffgames#ffa500.com#ffffff.br', x, y - dxGetFontHeight(250, 'default-bold')/2+1, 100, 100+1, tocolor ( 255, 255, 255, 255 ), 0.9, 'default-bold', 0.60, 'right') 
    end) 
end 

I know this happens with my script as well, regardless of using the guiGetScreenSize() command.

local screenWidth,screenHeight = guiGetScreenSize() 

function renderDisplay ( ) 
    dxDrawImage ( screenWidth/2 - 400, 0, 225, 17, 'ddastext.png') 
    end 

function HandleTheRendering ( ) 
    addEventHandler("onClientRender", getRootElement(), renderDisplay) 
    end 

addEventHandler("onClientResourceStart",resourceRoot, HandleTheRendering) 

I know this happens with my script as well, regardless of using the guiGetScreenSize() command.

dxDrawImage ( screenWidth/2 - 400, 0, 225, 17, 'ddastext.png') 
    end 

end 

Dude i don't won't Image , I won't Text.

Dude i don't won't Image , I won't Text.

He's saying that the same thing happens to his script :/

@Tails, Try this:

dxDrawText("Hey", screenWidth/2 - 400/2, 0,400 , 17) 
    dxDrawImage(screenWidth/2 - 400/2, 0, 400, 17," 'ddastext.png'") 
end 

end 

@mamo, Did you even defined the dxDrawColorText?

Edited by Guest

Thank you Jaysds1,

I tested this on 800x600 and 1024x768, the text/image moved slightly to the left when I went to 1024x768. Not sure if there is anything I can do about this. Is there any way to scale the text / image size relative to the resolution or default hud (health bar, chatbox, map etc. ) Say I have an image that says Welcome, and I want it above the healthbar, on all resolutions. How do I get this? Thanks in advance. Sorry Mamo, for ''hi-jacking'' your thread, but i thought this was similar to your problem. Hope it will help you as well.

I don't think it's possible to make it correct for all, since if a developer uses the highest resolution, all the resolutions below will see it differently even if you minused the screen width and height.

I am sorry, but I am on my phone and can't browse the codes you have, but this is an example of how it should display a welcome text near the right top on all resolutions.

local screenX, screenY = guiGetScreenSize() 

function dx_welcome() 
     dxDrawText("Welcome", screenX - 50, 30, 50, 30, 1.0, "bankgothic", "left", "top", false, false, false) 
     setTimer(function() removeEventHandler("onClientRender", root, dx_welcome) end, 4 * 1000, 1) 
end 
addEventHandler("onClientRender", root, dx_welcome) 

Not tested, typos are possible.

I think you mean this:

function dx_welcome() 
     dxDrawText("Welcome", screenX - 50, 30, 50, 30, 1.0, "bankgothic", "left", "top", false, false, false) 
end 
setTimer(function() removeEventHandler("onClientRender", root, dx_welcome) end, 4000, 1) 

anyways, try working on this in the mean while.

I think you mean this:
function dx_welcome() 
end 
setTimer(function() removeEventHandler("onClientRender", root, dx_welcome) end, 4000, 1) 

anyways, try working on this in the mean while.

Yeah, right ;)

That should work - but I haven't tested it. At least one of my gamemodes is using that kind of method and it works.