I hate alt+tabbers! ARGH!

Ransom

I think there should be an idle timer to kick people out if they idle for more than 15 minutes or something.

Also, the big thing is having them on the radar. It sucks going up to someone only to find them alt+tabbed.

Is there a way to make them NOT show on the radar when alt+tabbed? That would be cool.

Robpol86 wrote: then U rewrite the gtavc engine!

tsk, tsk I don't think that's covered in Rockstar's EULA.

how about removing their markers from the map if not spawned and if there is NO user input for X minutes automatically timeout the connection to the client. That's how most games I've played do it and that would cover the people who alt tab and the ones who just sit there and don't spawn for ages. As for not having alt-tabbed people on the radar this could be handled by the same 'no user input' sub-routine (if paused and idle time > 30 sec then remove marker on radar) just to tell the person trying to mess up the AFK person that they can't

this is my 2 cents :wink:

last thought: even a different colour for paused people would tell others not to waste their ammo on that particular person :)

Wouldn't this open up the possiblity of ppl who are incorrectly identified as alt+tab shooting you?

If so you couldn't trust it so we would be where we are.

I just give em a swipe with the chainsaw/hammer/bat etc and move on

Although, It is a pain when you hunt them down on the ass end of island and they are paused.

cant u just stop GTA being able to alt tab or pause, make it so all settings need to be set b4 the game starts, and to change them u have quit.

disable the esc and alt+tab keys

Online games arent meant to b pausable, if u need to do smoething u either leave it as it is, or stay on character selection screen, simple as

I think alt'tab should just be disabled altogether alot of trainers/cheats like ramcheat the hacker needs the ability to switch to the trainer to get the effects on. Maybe it would help stop some of it from happening. Cheating is probably the hardest because I don't think the engine was coded to make memory addresses random like some of the more cheat proof games.

I don't like the idea of someone being taken off of the radar if they are alt-tabbed. If you gave someone who is alt-tabbled an icon on the radar you would know to stay away from that person. I find the alt-tab feature very useful; I can go back and forth between IRC and GTA without worrying about someone killing me. An icon would put a stop to people whining about alt-tabbers, because you would KNOW they are alt-tabbed.

Wouldn't this open up the possiblity of ppl who are incorrectly identified as alt+tab shooting you?

Removing them from the radar would open up the same possibility.

I don't like the idea of someone being taken off of the radar if they are alt-tabbed. If you gave someone who is alt-tabbled an icon on the radar you would know to stay away from that person. I find the alt-tab feature very useful; I can go back and forth between IRC and GTA without worrying about someone killing me. An icon would put a stop to people whining about alt-tabbers, because you would KNOW they are alt-tabbed.

Removing them from the radar would open up the same possibility.

I wrote what was quoted in this quote. My point is that either changing the radar or removing them from the radar opens up the possiblity of someone who isn't alt tabed but is credited with being alt tabbed killing you. (confused myself there)

In either case you let your guard down. If it is a crash, fine what can you do, but if you just want to check irc wait until you die and are at the character select screen to alt tab. no need for a mod except in playing habits.

NO, I wouldn't mind not being able to pause an online game. As a matter of fact this is the only one I can think of that pauses when I do. I would be willing to accept the fact that I could get shot if I did an alt-tab, but seeing that I don't think that too feasable due to the games engine, I would rather not be able to alt tab. If it is important enough for me to go back to windows I can just as easy leave the game and re-launch it. It takes less then 60 secs for the game to start.

this problem would probably be solved if the server handled the data. Right now the players hold the data and if someone is paused the game is set to where you can't take any damage from anything when paused. If you were alt-tabbed out then the server would not recognize it, and just think your still there in game, and you would be killable. At least thats what I believe, in theory.

id hate to say it, but i do think alt-tabbing should automatically disconnect. it would cause a lot of headaches, yes, but too many times have i engaged them in battle, only for them to alt-tab before dieing untill i go away. people seem to think of it as a valid form of defence, and i think its just cheap.