CRC Check

Guest JDT

I have a legitimate copy of GTA VC which I bought today. I try and start the game in MTA, but I get a 'Some or all of your GTA VC files have been changed' (failed crc check).

I'm not sure what this is, as I don't have any mods, etc, just a clean VC installation.

Anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

I also have the same problem...

I was playing fine with MTA 0.2 when i decided to download

version 0.2.2 and all of a sudden CRC Check fails

I had no mod or modified any files in any way.

I use the original GTA:Vice 1.0 version

I reinstalled again both MTA and Vice and same thing happens

I am almost sure this is not my problem...

Is there any workaround on this?

Did you guys added new CRC checks?

Please help!

Yes, that is correct.

You also have to realize though that with 0.2.2 we have included another file, entitled mtas.scm

This is the Stunt scm, and is dated 10/24/2003.

Depending on the type of Server you wish to join, the appropriate file will be checked. Make sure you are using the proper files (from the installation)

I do have present an mtas.scm (24/10/03). Hmm, not sure what to do... My friend has bought and installed this on his new computer and is having EXACTLY the same problem, and its a fully legitimate copy, and a new/clean computer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i dont mean to be out of order, but if nothing helps why not try the client that bypasses crc check? i know i saw it somewhere. of course, dont mod anything, but might this help?

it causes more crashes + sum ppl may use this oppotunity 2 use mods by bypassin it, hu made a client whcih bypasses the crc check anyway?

• 2 weeks later...
i dont mean to be out of order, but if nothing helps why not try the client that bypasses crc check? i know i saw it somewhere. of course, dont mod anything, but might this help?

it causes more crashes + sum ppl may use this oppotunity 2 use mods by bypassin it, hu made a client whcih bypasses the crc check anyway?

*raises hand* "HOOO HOO HOOOAHH!!! I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!! MS.apple pick me pick me!!! PICK ME!!!! i know who made it!!!!! JERANAMO!!!! MUWHUAHAHAHAHAHh and some one else but i aint spillin da beanz because this guy is DA MAN!!!!!!! ill give u a hint though.. his name is a awesome car made by plemoth(how ever u spell it) in the 70s? i belive.. pure power OH YEH SWEETNEZZZ the c.. uhh. nm lol

• 2 weeks later...
The newer versions of Vice City have slightly changed files, due to a lawsuit the Haitian community filed against Rockstar.

Perhaps this is the cause of the problem?

It's a fking game, they should get over it. When I play VC over half the time I see a cop chasing someone down the street, the guys black. So is the black community going to sue rockstar? No, but the idiotic Haitian community feels threatened because the game gives you the simple instruction to complete the mission of killing all the haitians. The gang you are fighting are the Haitians, because thats what they are. Just because there isn't a well known gang name for Haitians they get their panties in a bunch, they should be proud. You say Yakuza, you think jap right? Haitians don't have a well known gang name, that I know of. They should just stfu anyways. Thats my rant.