MTA 1.3 Problems - FPS Drop

crismar

Question

Hey All,

I've been playing on MTA since the very first versions, and my PC always managed to draw a decent FPS, from up to 65 FPS (In 1.2 and below), and 30 FPS in bad days, (In 1.2 and below). For quite a few time, my MTA hardly draws a FPS around 15, and it's very frustrating. I've been blaming the numerous functions MTA had, until I realised most of them couldn't lag, although my PC is far from a gaming one, and is dating from 2006 it never lagged so bad (Mentioning my ping is normal so can't be from my IPS)

My PC Specs:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.06GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9

Processor Count: 2

RAM: 510 Mb

Graphics Card: Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series, 256 Mb

Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5VD2-X

Antivirus: AntiVir Desktop, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to post screenshots where my FPS can be clearly seen if needed.

Thank you!

6 answers to this question

... you have less than half a gigabyte of RAM? Seriously, I haven't touched a computer with that little ram in a decade..

Anyway, if it used to work and suddenly doesn't, it's even less likely to be MTA's fault. Check for other (CPU-intensive) running processes using Task Manager, run searches with Avira and Malwarebytes (download it if you haven't got it)

There's a simple fomula;

FPSCount = PCQuality 

In this case, your 510 MB RAM and 256 MB VRAM aren't going to help. With every version of MTA, more and more features will be included, and thus your computer will forevermore get slower, unless you look into upgrading certain hardware.

There's a simple fomula;

FPSCount = PCQuality 

In this case, your 510 MB RAM and 256 MB VRAM aren't going to help. With every version of MTA, more and more features will be included, and thus your computer will forevermore get slower, unless you look into upgrading certain hardware.

Heh. GTA SA is a 2004 - 2006 game (not sure the exact year). San Andreas is old enough (that doesn't remove how awesome it is) and I don't think you'd need a gaming computer to run it if MTA is a modification only.

Well, Crismar, as your PC isn't that new, it obviously will not run MTA:SA at 64 FPS, there might be a FPS average drop in these new versions, wouldn't be more than 10 FPS though if you said MTA could ran at 64 FPS. By the passing of the time your PC obviously saves cache and trash that you probably forgot to remove, so the PC starts to get slower because also its usage. Its 2012, so your OS has about 6 years of use, obviously it won't work as well as it worked in the 2008 - 2009 era. Though, there might be some programs you installed long ago that changed your driver versions, or that contained viruses you did never noticed. Well, I'd want to suggest you that if you want to play with your PC, I'd really recommend that you upgrade it, though if you want it for playing MTA only, I wouldn't recommend that you buy a new PC, but I'd recommend that you take care about it.

There's a simple fomula;

FPSCount = PCQuality 

I don't really think any of MTA's older or coming releases had or would have any effect on the FPS, it's mostly similar to single player.