MTA:VC 0.2.2 Released (27/10/2003 @ 00:38 CET) by MrBump

Si|ent

The patched version of MTA:VC 0.2 (MTA:VC 0.2.2) is now available. Complete with the Stunt Mode and the majority of the Unhandled Exception Error crashes fixed. Please note it is still not 100% crash proof but is vastly more stable than version 0.2

I've been patching the cvs version of Transgamings winex to get MTA and MTA:VC running in linux.

Good news and bad news:

1. The good news: I have MTA for GTA3 working quite well. I had to modify some profile code as MTA does not pass a file name when storing / retrieving from an ini file (ie GetPrivateProfileString).

2. The bad news: GTA:VC uses a different method of passing 'commands' to the game. This method uses the VirtualAllocEx function to allocate some memory in the game thread and then WriteVirtualPtr (I think) to attach the dll to the process. The problem is that winex (and hence wine) does not yet support VirtualAllocEx when allocating memory to another process.

Do the developers know of another way to attach the dll that does not require VirtualAllocEx. And what was the reasoning for going to this method instead of the method used (quite well) for MTA for GTA3.

I think it would be cool if MTA:VC could run under wine as I get higher framerates in Linux than I do in XP. (VC linux approx 50 to 60 fps, XP 10 to 15 fps)

omfg you guys did really good on the stunt server. its a blast to play, have always wanted to do this type of stuff with lots of other people but have been forced to only play with close buddies because seems like others are more into violence then expermenting. btw kent747 was fun playing with you man keep up the good work.

good job guys.

Then don't go there =p

It doesn't have that much info anyways...

Basically right click to show car map and home to be passenger.

BTW useful tip -

Passenger button is linked to "Change camera" buttons

Car showing button is linked to "Target" buttons

well the stunt mod sounds quite good, but I still think that version 1.0 is the best version of all.

Why?

Year, because it's the only version that works on 2000! :evil: Argh that makes me realy angry :evil:

Still the same problem: I join the game, see the last massage scrolling down and down, I see the player who I can choose and then: I hear the sound of an starting engine and game hang up :evil:

Perhaps this bug can be fixed befor we talk about more and more features :?

What do you think about this, if you were in my position? Game gets cooler and cooler but you can't play it. It doesn't seam to worry the programmers, because many players can play (and they self of course).

I'm very sad about this :roll:

well the stunt mod sounds quite good, but I still think that version 1.0 is the best version of all.

Why?

Year, because it's the only version that works on 2000! :evil: Argh that makes me realy angry :evil:

Still the same problem: I join the game, see the last massage scrolling down and down, I see the player who I can choose and then: I hear the sound of an starting engine and game hang up :evil:

What do you think about this, if you were in my position? Game gets cooler and cooler but you can't play it. It doesn't seam to worry the programmers, because many players can play (and they self of course).

I suggest reading the FAQ and move your language files to the right place, or set your VC to English. Also check that the version you specify in your client is the same as your VC version. MTA works fine on Windows 2000, so there is no need for a bugfix.

-Wartech

Why?

I suggest reading the FAQ and move your language files to the right place, or set your VC to English. Also check that the version you specify in your client is the same as your VC version. MTA works fine on Windows 2000, so there is no need for a bugfix.

-Wartech

year, that's just what I need now. Someone who thinks he is funny :evil:

Perhaps you read my text, then you would see, that my problem is not in the languagefile