NEW MTA Script Editor - Progress update

robhol

Question

So I've been working on this little thing for a while now. I wanted to write my own MTA script editor - this started out as an experiment to see if I could get a decent autocomplete system up and running. As it turns out, I could. I've also managed to implement a rather neat guide for the MTA functions - the idea is that you won't have to alt-tab to the wiki just to check function arguments all the time. Instead, you can just start typing, and the program happily steps in to offer you a helping hand.

Current features (click for screenshots)

And of course, the "obvious" stuff for a text editor.

These are just a few of the features I've planned, there's more on the way. :)

Want to help?

If you know C# (preferably with a bit of experience with WPF) and would like to help, that'd be great. I might also need a few testers - the project is currently considered 'pre-alpha', but I plan to have closed alpha tests and a public beta. If you're interested, PM me or post here, but be aware that we're "not quite there yet".

I also don't have entirely reliable data on the MTA functions - before starting on the editor proper, I wrote a small-ish program to get function data off the wiki. Unfortunately, the wiki is not too consistently formatted, and this makes automatic scraping a bit difficult. If you want to help fill in missing data, I'd really appreciate it.

Edit: function data has been graciously provided by Cadu12, thanks!

Questions, ideas, suggestions

Post away! :D

• Like 1