Crashes and more Resource Information

Hi i host a freeroam server and i would really like MTA developpers to see this

--Crashes--

Clients experience crashes a lot.. And most of the time its serial crashes.. By serial crash i mean more or less 5 people Timeout at the exact same time and i dont know how to fix this.. So my suggestion here is to make the client more "Robust" to crashes if that's possible! I know its hard because the code is being injected into SA and memory management is really a b**** :) but please do consider making it more robust to crashes from scripts or whatever reason there is to it. Its not the network! Since i have a 100 mbit server and by the way i use the latest linux build of mta-server

--more Resource Information--

It would really help if the web interface could provide some information about the CPU usage of individual server scripts. I once coded a script that took a lot of CPU usage.. I know because it was badly coded.. and and a busy car destroy and spawn every 50ms due to a bug.. It would really help me find such scripts if the CPU usage of each server script is being displayed somehow!

Thanks for reading! MTA rocks!

Hi robhol, looks like you didnt read it all.. i posted the crash part because i wanted to remind the devs of the urgent problem that i'm sure they're aware of and i also mentioned that i know its not easy! Please read the full post if you want to reply next time!

The best suggestion on this thread is about the resource cpu usage thing! Cheers!

I read it all, for all the sense that made, but the plain fact of the matter is that these crashes are almost impossible to debug unless people start reporting them properly - needle in a haystack.

Again: dumps. Reproduction methods. Just knowing there are crashes isn't that helpful. If you know what makes them happen and certain extra information (the kind given in dumps, for example), you'll be a lot closer to solving the underlying problem. You don't just make programs "crash resistant", that's not how it works. When you have accurate and concrete information regarding crashes, report it on http://bugs.mtasa.com/ - finding the reason for a crash isn't always easy, but supplying the dump is an absolute minimum.

By the way, the crashes might not just be MTA related - ask your players if they experience crashes in single-player.

They are MTA related.. For example i once tried to create 25 projectiles per second in a script and the game always crashed.. but if i made kind of like 4 projectiles every 5 seconds then its fine.. The meaning of the word Robust i am looking forward to is to make the game prevent crashes from "bad scripts".. I hope it makes more sense now..

And i think a dump is sent to the dev team using the error reporting implementation of mta

I always see some asm code in that and i never uncheck that checkbox

Maybe i'll try find the script that makes all this trouble and post it here.. Or even try to make the game crash using a script just to show how vulnerable mta's engine is.. Beautiful but fragile :)