How MTA has turned into a giant hormone fest

AeroXbird

As everybody here knows MTA is growing exponentially, which is good for MTA. But on the other hand it is tearing MTA apart.

We've become a lot larger than we were 1 - 2 years ago, and that has affected the community in a very bad way in my opinion.

2 years ago the community was a place for an MTA player to go to and get help whenever they needed it, and they could discuss MTA in general and such.

It was a pleasant place to be, and the people were always nice, discussions were always according to the rules, and people respected eachother.

Over the past 2 years that however, has drastically changed.

Right now the MTA community is not very nice anymore, all you get is people swearing and shouting at one another.

The respect that one had for another member is fading away, and is almost completely gone in my opinion.

After MTA released version 1.0.0 things went downwards, more people from SA-MP started playing MTA, which in general is not a bad thing at all.

But the types of people that started playing MTA are the root cause of how the community changed.

Most of the people that came from SA-MP, were teenager from 10 - 16 years of age, now playing a game as GTA on that age is no problem at all in my perspective.

But the language that they use is turning the MTA community into a pure source of hatred and flame.

The average grammar of users has dropped by a lot as well, mostly because the people who joined are bad at the english language.

I'm not implying that this cannot be fixed, I used to have terrible grammar too, but thanks to the people of this community I managed to teach myself English very well.

The coming of all these new people has made MTA a lot larger, and that's been a blast for servers aswell.

But as everybody has certainly noticed, is that theft of scripts and pointing fingers has become normal these days.

Servers shutting down over a small argument and what not, it's the attitude of these 10 - 16 y/o's that has changed this community so much.

I used to be a regular user to the forums, but because of the attitude that more and more people are having against eachother, it's simply no longer pleasant to have nice discussions about things.

Ofcourse there are a lot of nice people left in the community, and they are what keeps this community from breaking down into a full flame forum.

I'm very dissapointed of what the community has become, but i believe that there was no real way to stop it anyway.

People may find me to be a nagger, and a grumpy person, but i don't want MTA to end up like SA-MP, it would be a total shame for the communtiy and everyone who helped making MTA what it is today.

I hope that i'm not the only one that is concerned about this, it's a very worrying matter after all.

I'm also worried about this, but what's the point about making this thread? Trying to find a solution?

It is very known that when communities grow and more people join to these, people become worse and worse, specially when we talk about teenagers. And probably this thing just cannot be stopped; while a group of bad people leaves, another group of bad people joins.

So...?

I remember the old days around this forum when you could post a question about something and get a friendly non sarcastic reply and when someone would write a fair and friendly review about a resource or a server. Now days when a new person joins the community and asks some questions, the answers they get can be very sarcastic and unhelpful and when someone advertises there servers a lot of time people just accuse them of stealing scripts, which there is people out there that do steal scripts, but it looks bad and immature on the person that comes on here and starts a huge flame war over it. So yes I agree this place has changed a lot sadly.

I remember the old days around this forum when you could post a question about something and get a friendly non sarcastic reply and when someone would write a fair and friendly review about a resource or a server. Now days when a new person joins the community and asks some questions, the answers they get can be very sarcastic and unhelpful and when someone advertises there servers a lot of time people just accuse them of stealing scripts, which there is people out there that do steal scripts, but it looks bad and immature on the person that comes on here and starts a huge flame war over it. So yes I agree this place has changed a lot sadly.

People are bothered a lot more about their own reputation, rather than actually helping. They'd rather post something stupid and/or short, so they get their post count +1, instead of writing a long one and seeing that somebody else has already replied.

Well I totally agree with the main post, in these old days people would be nice to each other and there would be no arguments at all.

Maybe if the forum moderators were more active and started banning these innaprotiate users from the forums, maybe then it would be better, just saying.

• 1 month later...

Also, let's take a look at few scenes which I enjoyed the most:

A&D community died. Few clans still exist, they play on russian Tactics gamemode.

English roleplaying on a somewhat high lvl died.

Destruction Derby scene died.

Now we have DM servers, Mr. Green, CIT and some shit Roleplays. 2-3 year ago we had a lot gamemodes and competetive scene was awesome. Seriously, what's happening? I'm going to create a new server which would try to bring the "old times" back. If it won't work, I'd be pretty sure that now MTA consists of scripters, 13-year-olds and roleplayers.

@Orange, your server is also roleplay, isn't it? you bringing the "old times" back is highly unlikely. You're simply joining the new era.

This new era is '2012', enjoy the new generation of scumbags.

Also the flaming part is mostly because no one likes idiots or slow people, therefore, if you dont understand what this 'rude person' means, he'll become even more angry/irritated with you. No offence to anyone, but that's the truth.

Here's another example, catchy words and phrases. Such as "giant hormone fest", you just lit the fire right there.

And another one, and this is because it's true and I consider you an idiot and a fool for bringing it up. No one gives a flying fuck about their postcount. I can garantuee you that. It's just a stupid excuse for people like you to avoid being bashed for something stupid you said when someone brings it up.

• 4 weeks later...