Doomsday - the fate of Earth

Callum

Well, we all know about the doomsday theories. I personally find it very weird how it all points to the 21st December, but, I am a sucker for science and believing what the Government says. I don't think the world will end on the 21st December, but I reckon it will be very soon.

Unfortunately, in society today, we face two critical problems that can both potentially end the world. In the 1970's, natural disasters occurred only once every five to ten years, and now, they happen on nearly a daily basis. The water level is evermore rising, and earthquakes are becoming very common.

The next crisis is international debt. Every single country in the world is in debt (but some, such as China, have 'secured' money as other countries owe them money). So...by that logic, there's no money left in the world? Just look at the US National Debt, there isn't enough oil in the whole world to pay it off, and that's just one country - the United Kingdom is now in one trillion pounds of debt. The only solution I can think of is the United Nations reconstituting the international economy. Otherwise, civilizations across the world will crumble, and reality will start replicating the sort of stuff that happens in MTA.

So, considering burning oil contributes to climate change, and how wars are started over oil, and how oil is the main monetary resource, I blame the mass use of oil for the worlds end. Sure, oil is used for lots and lots of things, and without it we'd be a lot more primitive, but I'd rather we still existed, than all died from floods/earthquakes or the collapse of society.

Contrary to everybody else, I've always had faith in the United States Federal Government, and the United Nations, but I think the current issues are way too major and irreversible.

What are your opinions on the matter? I'd be interested to know if anybody has evidence that the world won't end due to natural disasters, or how the debt can eventually (after hundreds of years) be reverted. Though, even if we fix these issues, it's only a matter of time before Earth gets hit by meteors, the Sun explodes, or life in the far Universe evolves and attempts to invade Earth (yes, very science-fiction based, but it's totally possible).

ok, for the Debt part, they knew that it's going to happen, that's why they are working on the New World Order.

http://wakeupproject.com/

We all know that the idea of a international government will never happen. No country will ever hand over their independence and let other people govern their country. Moreover, nobody should ever be able to control the entire Human population on Earth, we'll end up with a worldwide Korea.

ok, for the Debt part, they knew that it's going to happen, that's why they are working on the New World Order.

http://wakeupproject.com/

We all know that the idea of a international government will never happen. No country will ever hand over their independence and let other people govern their country. Moreover, nobody should ever be able to control the entire Human population on Earth, we'll end up with a worldwide Korea.

Actually such a system can work if "the boss" is responsible and doesn't has any greed, which is a possible person, but pretty hard to find.

How about every country being a part of the United Nations, with as many current people in each government keeping their jobs, and a worldwide currency. Poverty will be tackled and everyone is rich.

Unfortunately, there are and there WILL BE people that want to be richer just to feel better knowing they've got something no one else does... Not only that; in the case everyone is rich, isn't it easier to just "destroy" the economy?

• 2 weeks later...

Polar caps melting, eurozone crisis, corrupt politicians, high umployment rates, middle east close to full eruption of war, countless debt.. now we are just waiting till yellowstone erupts and that will be the final part of the jigsaw!

Personally i would be fine with the worlds end caused by a meteor, universe implosion or some epic natural disaster. However i would be extremely ****ed off if the the worlds end was due to some worldwide debts, war or some other man made garbage!

Theres only one thing for certain in life, were all going to die at some point so enjoy life ....NOW :D

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with your last sentence - enjoy life as much as we can now. Whilst I generally believe the world will come to an end due to some form of a natural disaster, I would be silly to ignore any possible threat of another world war. Christ knows what the dodgy North Koreans are up too..

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest, if we don't give a shit and remain confined to our small sphere of life consisting of our friends, family, MTA community and Facebook, we don't need to worry about how actually this world will end, because ultimately, whatever we think won't necessarily change the fate of the Earth - so let's stop thinking about this crap and enjoy our daily life.

The US Government have always been conspirators, just image this, the man who leads it is the most powerful man on earth ( their President ), he may talk of democracy and other things like human rights, but the truth is, the US Government treats captured military personnel from Pakistan or Afghanistan with much more infidelity than anyone could imagine, they are basically already governing the world with their provoking and manipulation.

Edited by Guest

What Dev said is true, do you see all the so called terrorists who are fighting the US right now in countries such as Afghanistan, Iraq etc? They are just fighting for their own rights, so that the US military would get the fuck out of their country.

For example, if Germany was occupying the USA right now. The freedom fighters in that country would attempt to liberate the USA so that the Germans would leave. Thus, they would also be similarly classified as terrorists.

It's not a war on terror, it's more of a race on who will be the most richest and who gets the most resources.

Water level is rising when Brophy is swimming in a sea/ocean. If he jumps into the water, it causes a tsunami on the other end. When Brophy walks, the earth is shaking. Wildfires happen when Brophy's lighting his farts.

Yep, he's that fat.

But still, he's so hot that he also caused the global warming.

"The Planet is Fine.The People are %$#@ed" -George Carlin

I think we are not a preemptive, but instead a reactive species. When a plane crashes into a building here comes all the airplane security talk... When a movie theater massacre happens here comes all the gun law talk... when it comes to national debt and continuing to kick the can down the road and keep that status quo... well you can imagine the boiling point will be reached eventually. Yet the sort of issues you are most worry about are not the kind to doom ALL civilization, just a period of unrest.

It might be that technology will save us for awhile, but an ever-growing population eventually has to reach a tipping point. I feel that the comfortable life as we know it will come to an end when resources get scarce and global fighting begins. Then you have an aftermath sort of world... then eventually maybe an asteroid hits the earth... and then eventually the sun explodes and down goes Earth :)

About that 'aftermath world'... if you watch this it will really depress the hell out of you:

10923731_det.jpg

As far as indian prophecy goes... just remember the hysteria of 2000... and many other dates if you read into doomsday prophecy history.

• 2 weeks later...
i'd say that we should find another Planet to live on, a good planet that we'd live on forevah ;3

Actually, The US is spending lots of money on NASA needs, just for going out to the moon and seeing if we could live on it, and after that's finished then we move to a next planet and a next planet, etc...

The only reason why we can't live forever(unless Humanity makes a chemical or something to allow us to live long) is because the UNKNOWNS are worried that the planet can't handle enough and that's why they reap(not sure if this is correct :P ) people.