Liberty City in GTA:VC

Kong

Okay... I know it's possible in some way.

I came across Grand Theft Auto World Online. From what I can tell is it's Liberty City and Vice City all together in GTA:VC with new missions and multiplayer.

Now... I like MTA and I'm not really looking to install another mod or anything like that.

Is there anyway to just get a hold of Liberty City maps which have been converted to GTA:VC?

Adding the models from the Liberty City map to the Vice City map, will result in the use of dozens of extra models, excluding the parked cars and the actors which we use already. I believe it will cause dramatic performance issues, and would make MTA only playable on high-end systems. Also, it is not tested if they can even add that amount of models due to modelnumber restriction in the Vice City graphics engine. I guess the only option would be to use the LC models in the VC engine is if you remove the Vice City models first. Or 'simply' create MTA for GTA3, without bikes and copters.

I liked GTA3 and I loved GTA:VC.

Only problem is you go back and play GTA3 and theres things which it doesn't have that make GTA:VC so much more enjoyable.

Bikes, Helicopters, wheels getting shot, and more which I can't actually think of right now cause it's 4 in the morning here. :P

If it's not possible to do then it's not possible but I'd love the ability to basically run around in Liberty City with choppers and bikes in MP and would love even more for them both to be in one game under MP.

But if it can't happen then oh well. :(

This may sound a bit stupid,but why not make warps beetween LC and VC?Like purple warps in the airport?

When you added them,it would load LC or VC and only sustain 1 city,and then when u warp it would change to processing the other city.

Gta tournement is still heavily in development,..and there are vids of gta wordonline........i've seen it/......i saw a vid with motorbikes and heli's in LC.....i have faith in those guys!!!!!!!!!1.........

Gta tournement is still heavily in development,..and there are vids of gta wordonline........i've seen it/......i saw a vid with motorbikes and heli's in LC.....i have faith in those guys!!!!!!!!!1.........

yop i seen vids to, but its vids on SP mod, not multiplayer, cause gtat is still not finalized, so still no vids on MP :\

for Mad : i dont know too why its not mta that will be used, since the 0.2 is already a good release with some bugs, but it runs and works, unlike gtat for the moment.. :\

• 3 weeks later...
Mind it's illegal if you don't own GTA3 yourself..

are they even allowed to spread the modelfiles, i guess not.. cause it's distributing copyrighted material..

its legal, r* let gta wo put liberty in vice and let it availible for d/l and u dont even have to have gta 3

This may sound a bit stupid,but why not make warps beetween LC and VC?Like purple warps in the airport?

When you added them,it would load LC or VC and only sustain 1 city,and then when u warp it would change to processing the other city.

Read trx's post

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This seems like an ancient bump but it's a legit question

I wanted to play GTA3 using the VC engine mainly the bikes in single player. I don't care if it's empty.

Does this exist anywhere? Is seems like this was the gist of the first post but it turned to a combined VC/3 and GTAT discussion

I don't care about the multiplayer options because it seems like a nonstarter

Just singleplayer PCJs in Liberty City

• 2 weeks later...

Well i am Gta-wo Project leader. allthough are site is closed the mod continues. slowly. We have Lc in the vice engine replacing vc , both cant be at once becasue of the modle limt.but Gtat aremaking us a program to switch .img allthough this will most likley be very buggy for a long time and will only be released when its ready :) hope this was enought info 4 u guys:) pm caus i am not ussaly around

• 2 months later...