Project Redivivus - Development

Project Redivivus is a group contracted by Multi Theft Auto, that are (unofficially) developing the next version of MTA 0.X, for GTA III & VC (next up is 0.5.1). We were given access to the source code just over a year ago (as far as I'm aware) - at first development was quite dry, but over the last 2 months, our private SVN has had hundreds of commits, all fixing bugs, updating pre-existing features, adding new features, etc.

Thus far we have intergrated a Lua core, fixed tonnes of bugs and coding errors, added vendors such as SQLite and TinyXML (more are being looked into), and are also looking into syncing extra things, such as vehicle tyres and sirens. Once we complete everything on the 0.5.1 roadmap, we will be open sourcing it (as requested by the MTA Team).

Though, as you can image, the 0.X core is very limited - for this reason, we're also working on a port of the Blue core (used by MTA SA), to work with III and Vice City. Though 0.5.1 development currently heavily outweighs Blue development.

We welcome anybody who is interested in playing III/VC multiplayer to try it out, at least.

If you're a GTANet IRC user, you can find us on #Project-Redivivus - we have a IRC services bot, Vercetti, that outputs any Mantis/SVN/Nightly updates, has useful links (e.g. '!mantis'), and various other features. If you have any further questions about the project, you can ask them on this channel.

You can find our Mantis Bug Tracker by clicking here - this allows you to see our progress, and report any requests you may have, or any issues you have come across.

To help find any issues with the code, before open sourcing 0.5.1, we have setup a Nightly system whereby anybody can obtain a Nightly release and beta test. The Nightly site can be found by clicking here.

Due to recent issues with Game-Monitor, and the lack of a working, integrated server list, we have setup a server listing site, that can be accessed by clicking here - in the near future, we plan on integrating this into the client itself.

Currently certain web services are offline (the forums and wiki) as SugarD-x (the project leader) is a nub and won't let me host the sites on my french dedi with 100mbps (even though I host the currently online sites), and would rather host them on his spare computer ('server') on his domestic American Internet connection. Moreover his 'server' currently has a major hardware issue (yep, it just got more reliable!) and thus he currently cannot host the sites. It is unknown when they will be back online.

Edited by Guest
Currently certain web services are offline (the forums and wiki) as SugarD-x (the project leader) is a nub and won't let me host the sites on my french dedi with 100mbps (even though I host the currently online sites), and would rather host them on his spare computer ('server') on his domestic American Internet connection. Moreover his 'server' currently has a major hardware issue (yep, it just got more reliable!) and thus he currently cannot host the sites. It is unknown when they will be back online.

y umadbro?

In all seriousness, the true, non-ranting version of information about the rest of the web services being down can be found here:

https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=40854

The other day I was able to almost completely fix the server, but I ran into a very unusual issue regarding it that is slowly being looked into, and hopefully can be resolved soon.

• MTA Team

Well, good luck.

If I may have a few suggestions for you, get that 0.5.1 version out, provide some post-release support and updates if needed, then make a full focus on the Blue port.

Also, get your site up and running asap - it is your showcase after all.

Well, good luck.

If I may have a few suggestions for you, get that 0.5.1 version out, provide some post-release support and updates if needed, then make a full focus on the Blue port.

Also, get your site up and running asap - it is your showcase after all.

Unfortunately the site thing is easier said than done. It's on the hard drive of a computer that I can rarely physically access, and its having issues with displaying video, so I cannot even get it turned on so I can remotely fix it. :(

Start from scratch.

The website isn't the issue. It's the server that it's on that is.

Start from scratch.

Yes! Let me host the damn forums, and we can just transfer any important topics once you get your hardware setup. Even if you fix it, it's still an American home server.

Never! :twisted:

And not to mention that old forums was so ugly, well atleast for me. I told you once you should do more work on it but then it went down. You should really let Callum host it and start a fresh website.

No. I also told you several times on how you could offer a better one.

Exactly how 'Unofficial' are you? :)

Your post being left where it is indicates some tacit consent I guess, plus the access to source :D

Who is writing your scm?

1. We are considered unofficial according to the MTA Team, but for all intensive purposes, we are basically the only ones actually working on these projects with permission.

2. Mostly Towncivilian, but we are doing much more than working on just the SCM. ;)

all intensive purposes

I think I just died a little inside.

The vast majority of the SCM work was done in 0.5r2. Other than minor bug fixes applicable since its release, I haven't done anything regarding the SCMs. I've always done all of the SCM work, with some help from trx who I've been in contact with via e-mail for a few years now.

I've added one of the gamemodes that was supposed to be in the original 0.5.1 to the "new" 0.5.1. Basically, it's a stripped down version of VC Deathmatch where the players spawn around unoccupied vehicles above a certain amount of health. I believe the intent of this gamemode was to decentralize the deathmatch from the various spawn points, if I recall correctly from what trx told me.

all intensive purposes

I think I just died a little inside.

The vast majority of the SCM work was done in 0.5r2. Other than minor bug fixes applicable since its release, I haven't done anything regarding the SCMs. I've always done all of the SCM work, with some help from trx who I've been in contact with via e-mail for a few years now.

I've added one of the gamemodes that was supposed to be in the original 0.5.1 to the "new" 0.5.1. Basically, it's a stripped down version of VC Deathmatch where the players spawn around unoccupied vehicles above a certain amount of health. I believe the intent of this gamemode was to decentralize the deathmatch from the various spawn points, if I recall correctly from what trx told me.

I wasn't referring that part to the SCM work. It was in reference to our group working on 0.x and Blue for III/VC, hence the numbered points. ><

I understand that scm isnt the only thing you guys are dealing with, it just happens to be the part that interests me the most, for obvious reasons.

Well, nothing could be worse than the 0.5 release in my opinion (0.4 was the pinnacle, 0.5 was rushed out due to blue being prioritised and seemed to suffer a lack of clear direction because of this) so I look forward to seeing what you do with 'our baby'

Great to hear that trx is still involved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure, unfortunately. The files for it are still sitting on a hard drive at my mom's house. I would grab them off there, but the server itself was having issues starting up, and I don't have an external hard drive case anymore, so it'd be a matter of somehow getting the annoying thing to boot so I could pop in a flash drive. It's not that hard in concept, but my mom doesn't let me go over there very often, so it's quite difficult right now.

I spoke with her earlier today, though, and when I go over there some time this month to get my Halloween stuff, I'm going to try to pull the files and get them back online again.