Downgrader unknown version error

Blakeway4

Question

I have a legit version of gtasa that I bought yesterday online on the rockstar website. I want to play online with MTA but it asks me to downgrade it. I try to do it, I downloaded a downgrader patch and all, followed the instructions but it doesn't work. It says

gtabogdhdhw.jpg

Now, I've been looking up for this on many forums and website for the past 4 hours and I haven't found anything that says step by step what to do to solve this problem.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you.

P.S. I have gtasa V2, just sayin' and I want to downgrade it to V1.

8 answers to this question

It's not strange at all - the thing is that MTA hooks into the memory of the running GTASA process. It uses a bunch of addresses that were derived from the 1.0 exe. When you have a different EXE file, those addresses and offsets are suddenly dead wrong. Instead of deriving and tracking those offsets for half a dozen different exes, you just require a 1.0 exe.

Admittedly, nocd patches are kind of a grey area, but you probably won't end up in the slammer for patching a 6/7 year old game.

I just want to make the downgrader to work. I don't want to download anything else, especially illegal things. It's supposed to work, it worked for many people. But many people also have the same problem as I and I'm sure it can be solved, but how? I don't know.

NoCD EXE's are not illegal, when you have the original game. You bought the game, so you are free to use it.

The reason why it's said to be illegal is because it makes it possible to play with pirated versions of the game too. But it's not the EXE itself that would be illegal, it's the entire game you pirated.

• MTA Team

There is no other way unfortunatly. As explained before, MTA only works with GTASA 1.0, this isn't our choice but a technical limitation by the process we use to make this entire thing possible without making any change to the game itself.

Unfortunatly if you want to use the original file from rockstar you require the DVD, since you do not have it, the only way to make this work is by getting a 1.0 no-cd patch. And yes, 1.0 is compatible with all the other files that make up GTA:SA.

So basicly you have to options:

- keep everything as it is and enjoy single player SA like many of us have

- download a 1.0 NO-CD crack and join us in some multiplayer fun

and Remi-X, from a legal point of view that is not correct, technically you are already violating copyright by making changes to the exe. However, no one will pursuit someone who simply downloads a no-cd crack. Hell, prisons would be crowded if they did.

• MTA Team
I really don't understand why the legal way couldn't work. It's just strange that I need to downgrade to a lower version... it's not logical. But thank you for the fast reply.

This is because even though the game might be in the same base version (eg. v2.0), the executable file will still differ between various retailers. The downgrader utility unfortunately does not cover them all.

Also, I am not sure if it would even work for you if you have a digital edition - after all the converted game would require a gtasa dvd to run.

A no-cd seems to be the only solution for now. As long as you own the license to play the game, you will be fine.