Making own MP mod to GTA SA?

Blue8294

Hi all! I'm here to ask how could i start making my own GTA SA multiplayer mod like MTA or SA:MP. I know C++ and LUA quite well but i want to try making my own multiplayer mod for my private testing and learning use. :) I'm not trying to compete with MTA or anything like that. I just want to try it. But here is the biggest problem, i dont know where to begin :? I haven't done much game programming in C++. I recently found MTA and yesterday I found SA:MP. I have now played them both and noticed that MTA is open source. I looked into the source a bit but couldn't find anything that would help me get started :| . I hope someone could point me to the right direction here. Thanks 8)

Whoa. I think you might be about to bite off more than you can chew. Making a multiplayer mod involves a TON of quite low level code, tampering with compiled code, patching memory, in some cases messing with assembly. There are lots of memory addresses you'll need to find, and learn how to manipulate.

Unless you have a lot of experience in reverse engineering, network programming and the inner workings of GTA, I suspect you might be better off finding a different project - or, say, helping with this one. :)

If I totally fail at trying this I consider on helping with MTA project :) But you do know any open source multiplayer project for SA that isnt as advanced as MTA? I found some with google but all of them was very old and the source was taken down or something. :|