hi

i wanna play gta-vc in a network

is it the same way like i-net or are there changes

what about opening a server

IP: my ip?

or/and other changes?

sorry but i'm always reading bout internet gaming

thx for help

don't you understand that i wanna lern (or better see) how to open a server with mta !

i dont wanna join a game with seeing eye or whatever

and its for LAN not online!

i think joining will be possible but thats not the point and the n00b user guide is also for this only!

so , that was no help, whatelse can i do to open a server for me and friends in a local area network? hmm.. :?

i soon thgink the same way, but it was possible with every earlier version!

and in the readme (that ive read)

is , that you can play on net-servers or in LAN!

so, why can't anybody tell me how to create a server , you all must have done this for online gaming or not? and i need it for local area!

so i wanna know what to fill in the boxes for creating a network game!!!!!!

:roll:

NuFan... One of the people who are playing with you needs to be running a server. You can password the server so it is only you and whoever else has the password in the server. You then use the persons IP address and Port that they set up the server on. Basically there is no way to make MTA exclusivly LAN but you can make it passworded so onliners won't be able to connect.

~ Someone starts server on there PC

~ They give IP/Port and Pass to everyone who you want to play on the lan

~ They start there MTA client and connect to themself

~ Everyone else connects and your done.

Hope this helps :wink:

yes , thanks thats what i wanted!

but one more question...

youve said

"One of the people who are playing with you needs to be running a server"

this can be me , too ?

if yes, how can i run a server, cause always when i wanna create (i used my ip as host and no password) theres a mistake and it fails!! :cry:

and

do you mean its only possible to play in multiplayer (even on a lan) over network ? or also without i-net ?

P.S. its not the problem to connect to an online server , thats easy, but creating a server offline for lan , thats the hard thing!

Well configure your mtaserver.conf file...

Here's a small guide from the manuel:

Running a server.

Note that a server for mtavc 0.1 was VERY demanding on your upstream bandwidth. The netcode has been improved in

some ways from the 0.1 release, showing around a fifty percent reduction, but it is still advisable to start with a low number

of players, four for example, and work upwards until lag begins to show itself.

Setting up the server details is very simple via the Server Config Tool. Simply run this and enter the relevant details into the

empty areas.

Server name: The name that will appear on the All Seeing Eye server browser if you choose to be listed on it.

GTA Version: In later versions mta will support both gta3 and gta:vice city, for now the only available option is GTA: Vice City.

Maximum number of players: The maximum players you will allow onto your server at one time.

Port: Please choose a port that is NOT being used by any other process in your machine.

ASE: Set this to ENABLE if you wish to appear on the All Seeing Eye server list, to DISABLE if you do not wish to appear on

it.

Server password: If you wish to run a password protected private server enter the password here and tick 'Enable'

MOTD: Message Of The Day, use this to enter the greet message your players will recieve upon entering. The contents are

entirely up to you but it can be used to specify your server is a Stunt server for instance, or could have your contact details

for reporting any problems.

If you want it to be LAN, then just disable ASE and or set a password....

When you have configured that file, just run MTAServer.exe 8)

The clients, now have to connect to the IP and Port (2003) of the computer running the server, which you just started...

ok, thank you, now i understand what to do, and how mta really works !

is it right that i always (lan or online) need ASE ???

because i've thought its for online games only and i wont need it at LAN.

is it right that i always (lan or online) need ASE ???

because i've thought its for online games only and i wont need it at LAN.

No you don't need ASE neither to create a online or lan server! ASE is just like gamespy - it's a large list of game servers, for different games.. ASE just includes MultiTheftAuto :)

You can easily make a mta:vc server, for other users across the internet, without having ASE enabled... This way, only people who know your servers ip:port, can join (or people with port scanners 8) - if you havn't password protected the server).

EDIT: Yeah you'r right IJsVogel - your answer sounds a bit better that way :lol:

I've had to say this too many times:

Computer 1 (server): Start up the dedicated server.

Computer 1 (server): Connect to 'localhost' (no quotes), using MTA:VC client.

Computer 2 (other player): Connect to the IP of the server with MTA:VC client.

To find the IP of the server:

Computer 1 (server): Go start -> run... -> type 'cmd', hit enter.

Type ipconfig in the window that appears.

One of those numbers is the IP of the server.