Intermittent Car Reflections

toyota

Question

Hi Guys,

I've come to MTA from SA-MP, and am fairly noobish when it comes to MTA, but I'm having a problem with car reflections sort of, coming and going. I have replace a few car models with mods, and as I replace more, more of them have broken reflections. As in, they have none at all. Occassionally, restarting fixes it for certain cars, but breaks it for others. The problem also happens on some of the stock car models, but only when others have been modded. I tried fixing it through shaders, with a small amount of success, but I was wondering if it's a known issue, and can it be sorted, or is it something I have to live with? I can stick a couple of pictures up if I haven't explained that very well.

Also I wasn't sure where to post this, but as you see the problem on the client I thought here was best.

Thanks.

16 answers to this question

Thanks again, http://pastebin.com/bkCanSgC

I should mention, and should have explained better the first time, the cars I have replaced, I have done so in Lua, not modding the gta3.img. I am connecting to my server on this PC, and all the script currently does is replace the car dff/txd's.

EDIT: I've had a bit longer to experiment with this, and have tried it on a different PC with a clean GTA install, with the latest nightly. Same problem occurs, but I have noticed, the cars don't completely lose reflections. I tested it at night in-game, and things like street lamps, other car headlights, airport lights etc, all cause the cars reflections to work. It's just as if they ignore sun/moonlight. If I need to provide any more details, just ask.

Sure, I've got a few here to explain better. Or prove I'm being an idiot, either way. :P

First, this is a car model when I started MTA.

gtasa2012070123472357.th.png

Same car model after restarting a couple of times:

reflectionfix.th.png

Here is a different model in a different place, during the day:

s15day.th.png

Same model at night:

s15night.th.png

Then, at night with headlights:

s15nightr.th.png

You can see there, it is sort of working with headlights on it.

Then finally, what it is meant to look like, seen in single player.

s15sp.th.png

Apologies for massive pictures list, just want to explain as best I can.

Nope, no shaders are being used. I experimented with a couple to try and fix the problem, but it still happens. And I don't see any specific pattern to how it happens, that Lancia was just fixed after a restart, then broken again on next start. The Nissan is always like that, once about 10 or so cars have been replaced, no matter which cars they are. As you replace more cars, the problem happens to more cars, if that makes sense. I have tried replacing them one at a time, restarting after testing each one, and it happens to the ones I have already tested more than the one that I'm currently testing.

Small update on this - with the latest nightly, it has changed slightly. What happens now is occasionally, the reflections will work on certain parts of the car. It then works like that for all instances of that model, as shown below. As I say, this is occasional, mostly it is the same.

almosttherex.th.png

almost2.th.png