Helicopter Blades... They Kill And It's Annoying

Kong

ISP banning, imo, is kinda stupid. youll eliminate so many more ppl than you need to, and piss off alot of ppl who arent cheating, since they cant play on your server now. No, ban by HD serial number. how many ppl will REALLY swap out their drives to play mta?

ok, i HOPE u were joking or being sarcastic.

1st, i DOUBT u can ban my macaddress but if u can that would be best.

2nd, if 1st is false, then, to ban people who are dhcp happny, is to ban their entire isp. wat about the others? TFB.

it is IMPOSSIBLE to ban by "HARDDRIFE SERIALNUMBER" from the server. IMPOSSIBLE. unless the client sends that info, which would conflict with privacy freaks. i know not of another way of banning a person using DHCP powers other than banning by ISP

Um obtaining someones MAC address via the client is a trivial matter, sending it to the server is a trivial matter, and banning by it is also trivial. If privacy issues are a concern just run it through an md5 hash and ban the hash result.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd, if 1st is false, then, to ban people who are dhcp happny, is to ban their entire isp. wat about the others? TFB.

i hope you get cheaters on every major ISP, and end up with near empty servers.

no sarcasm or joking, i was serious, and its fully possible (mac adress).

I'm assuming you don't know much about ISP's then..you can ban by ranges....assume this ip: 192.1.1.0

if you ban 192.*.*.* you ban everyone with 192 as the first node in their isp

192.1.*.* you ban everyone with 192 and 1 in the first two nodes...and so on. You'd have to ban a LOT of people in order to have an empty server. IMO, ISP is a LOT easier to use than a mac. If anyone wants to try and use my Tribes' clan's moderation program get me on AIM, or MSN.

dont change wat u said, harddrive serial number IS NOT a mac address..... and, id rather ban by mac address than ip, so even if they change isps, theyre not allowed (there are ways around though) (i still dunno if its possible to ban by mac. cmon, every1 got freaked out w/ the p3 serialno, u think broadcasting hard drive serial numbers and other stuff w/ the mta client wont do the same? now that i think about it, a mac address is kinda the same.. meh)