Helicopter Blades... They Kill And It's Annoying

Kong

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the chopper sometimes gets annoying(Mostly).It's not because of the killers with choppers(It's hilarious :lol: ),it's because the passengers have to wait for the pilot to exit or they appear above and die.The time it takes to exit choppers ir really crappy.Why did u make it slower than in SP?The chopper is on flames and not moving at all,and I can't get out,and the times I do,it blows up when I'm running off!It's not my skills,it's the chopper itself.And about the 'Welcome to VC' loading screens,if sometimes u take too long,why do the passengers fall off?

But the chopper sometimes gets annoying(Mostly).It's not because of the killers with choppers(It's hilarious :lol: ),it's because the passengers have to wait for the pilot to exit or they appear above and die.
well its better to let them "fix" the passenger eject for chopper than kill the blades...

Wow... who would have thought. Two people who may not have realized it but they just agreed with me. The whole point of this thread, the point I was tryhign to make, Helicopter blades are annoying.

I'll say it one more time, getting out of a chopper or having your chopper jacked and then getting your head cut off is annoying.

People using the chopper to kill with the blades can be annoying when that's all they do. But they can be dodged or shoot down.

You can't do anyhing about it when you are a passenger in the chopper except sit there and wait. And while you do that someone can blow it up.

Agreed on Chopped Blades killing you when getting jacked sucks :P

Taking the kill ability from the blades is super lame tho.

Don't get your chopper jacked, learn how to ride passenger, and be happy :P

For the love of Aunt Ollie, don't Gimp the Chopper blades :) Make the Apache Missles work so Nubs can frag from above ;)

What I meant is that when u cross a part of the city and get the 'Welcome to VC' message,most of the times ur passengers fall off and get chopped when ur in that screen.But removing chopper blade killing would be bad,just learn how to dodge.And yes you shouldn't die for being hi-jacked.

And about getting about the chopper in flames,I believe it's MTA.It just takes much more time than in SP,and I'm sure it's not lag.

Ok , i also dont think the helicopter blades shoudl be disabled for DM however they should be fixed for when you as a passenger get out you dont get chopped,but i think the team knows about this and are tdoing what they can to stop that, howeverI do wish that the blades were disabled for Stunt mode, reason?Now that there isnt any weapons on the stunt mode people are using chopper blades to spoil stunters fun and you as a stunter cant shoot them down cause you dont have any weapons, and its mostly one chop and your dead, so there isnt much running away that you can do, they are also using cars to run over people this is also anoying but still less deadly then thh chopper, from cars you can still run , sincec more then one time is needed to kill the person.Please do something against choppers in stunt mode.

i have had no trouble avoiding being decapitated br the heli blades, and i think its a perfectly fair way of attacking people on foot. is it possible to make the passanger eject out the bottom of the copter instead of the top?

it would be pretty neat to have to jump out of a copter while its hovering a few meters up.

or if ya wanna get really complicated, theres the way that the swat guys in single player jump out, but i imagine thats pretty hard to code into multiplayer

and i dont think the apache missiles should really be enabled, for the same reason the rocket launcher shouldn't be. it's way too imbalanced. someone with a rocket firing apache could be almost unstoppable, but i have no problems with the guns on the apache.

I'd like to point out that chopper blades are pretty much the only way to kill a cheater or someone with excessive packet loss. Not to mention the fact that helicopter blades can kill in real life, so the add realism to a game with helicopters.

Also, it is not hard at all to avoid them. MTA is a frickin war zone, you should be aware of your surroundings at all times!

Hmm... I remember that I once left the chopper in midair and just fell down, without dying into the blade of a whirly. It was on fire, and just about on the shore. I had 007 hp when I jumped, and even though I managed to get on the beach (not falling down into water as all other guys in heli) I died since my hp ran out. *sob*

yes, but wat if... just crazy, but, wat if U WANT TO PLAY TOO!!!

and the lamers keep comming back, using their dhcp powers, those SOBS

damn dhcp.....

With dhcp and dialup it really makes no sense to ban by ip. It is better to ban by mac address. Just have the client send the mac address to the server when you connect and check if its a banned one.

I think the heli blades are fun, in killing or getting killed (do not doubt my sanity) although they get boring afterwards. Getting killed can be avoided easily, just take cover or run. It's simple.

And leaving the heli without dying is possible in land, midair and moving. When heli is on the ground, I've left it before the driver did, and survived (=came out from the door) many times. When midair, you just fall down, you don't get to the roof. When moving, you can just leave with the rolling jump (if you DON'T KNOW, try driving fast with a car and exiting when driving). I've done this for long!

With dhcp and dialup it really makes no sense to ban by ip. It is better to ban by mac address. Just have the client send the mac address to the server when you connect and check if its a banned one.

i dont think thats possible or easy.... cmon, dont jump to macaddress...

if u c my request list, the #1 request i want is wildcard support, for isp banning

if u c my request list, the #1 request i want is wildcard support, for isp banning

ISP banning, imo, is kinda stupid. youll eliminate so many more ppl than you need to, and piss off alot of ppl who arent cheating, since they cant play on your server now. No, ban by HD serial number. how many ppl will REALLY swap out their drives to play mta?

ISP banning, imo, is kinda stupid. youll eliminate so many more ppl than you need to, and piss off alot of ppl who arent cheating, since they cant play on your server now. No, ban by HD serial number. how many ppl will REALLY swap out their drives to play mta?

All interesting ideas but I think the most effective would be a ban on the Players' DNA

ok, i HOPE u were joking or being sarcastic.

1st, i DOUBT u can ban my macaddress but if u can that would be best.

2nd, if 1st is false, then, to ban people who are dhcp happny, is to ban their entire isp. wat about the others? TFB.

it is IMPOSSIBLE to ban by "HARDDRIFE SERIALNUMBER" from the server. IMPOSSIBLE. unless the client sends that info, which would conflict with privacy freaks. i know not of another way of banning a person using DHCP powers other than banning by ISP