Helicopter Blades... They Kill And It's Annoying

Kong

Okay...

I understand that yes the chopper blades are supposed to kill you which is why they added that to the game.

BUT...

Occasinally when getting out of a chopper if you are not careful you can get killed by appearing on top of it.

Also... I'm getting really tired of these pathetic people who only know how to get kills by flying at you with the chopper and using it's blades to cut off your head. Alot of the times it's all alot of people do.

I really get annoyed when I'm in a fight with people and out of a no where a chopper comes in and kills us all.

Is there anyway to fix it so the blades do not kill when they hit you?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, im usually one of those ppl taking out groups with the blades :D its not ALL i do, but it is funny nonetheless. that should teach you to stand out in the open. perhaps youd like to disable the damage cars does to ppl when you back over them 20-30 times too...

its part of the game, live with it. dont like being bladed to death, dont stand in the open.

the part about exiting the chopper sucks though.

Yeah it sucks when you get killed exiting the chopper.

Getting hit by cars... yeah it's part of the game.

I absolutely can't stand it when people hit you back up and then run you over and over and over until you are dead.... you don't have a chance eo even move. I've come across people who did that non-stop. I can't stand it.

Cheap kills and if that's the only wya they can get kills then that's pathetic. Same with using the chopper blades like that.

As for not stanidng out in the open... When youre in the middle of a fight it's not always the first on your mind when you're dodging bullets.

Also... I'm getting really tired of these pathetic people who only know how to get kills by flying at you with the chopper and using it's blades to cut off your head. Alot of the times it's all alot of people do.

I really get annoyed when I'm in a fight with people and out of a no where a chopper comes in and kills us all.

I just have 2 words for you....."CIRCLE STRAFE", you'll always turn faster then a chopper.

and a phrase...."PUMP UP THE VOLUME", their big, they make alot of noise.

and if you still cant aviod becoming Red Mist... :buzzsaw:

What does a chopper pilot think when he sees abunch of palm trees??

Crap, Pungi Stakes!!! :eeeeek:

I just have 2 words for you....."CIRCLE STRAFE"

and a phrase...."PUMP UP THE VOLUME

I know how to dodge choppers. And for anyone who plans on mentioning it I also know how to shoot down choppers.

When you're in a shoot out with a number of people and all you can hear are guns, explosions and the odd car it's hard to pay enough attention to look for choppers and it can be hard to hear them when all that noise.

If you can manage all that then good for you.

I think it would be a good idea to do something about the blades. Plain and simple.

And no matter what you say I'm not a "noob" who can't play. It's not often I come across people like this anymore but when it does happen it's annoying as hell and ussually cause they are annoyed of me killing them. LOL

:( I didnt mean that you were a n00b, thats not how I wanted that to come across.

I was just razzin' ya, we all get clipped by a rotor blade every once in a while but I also get run overed and chainsawed alot. :P

No ones got a sure fire way to avoid a Death From Above Attack, so I just having fun with ways to aviod 'em. :lol:

I make'em pay for it if they miss me...I just jack their chopper if they hit the ground or blow it up if they done. :bazooka:

:( I didnt mean that you were a n00b, thats not how I wanted that to come across.

I know. I didn't mean to sound like I thought you did but with all the people on these forums making stupid posts calling anyone that has a question a noob I thought I'd point out that I aint a noob before it was said. :)

If u tired of all those that kill u with the heli blade. Just Take A heli your own and cut the bastards heads off u to :twisted::twisted::twisted:

I usually use the guns to kill. Jump out of a car, gun them down, etc.

Or get your own server and make a rule about that...:?

I have my own server I run from time to time. But usually not often. kong.servegame.com

Not possible.. it's just the game as it is, complain at Rockstar if you got any VC-gameplay comments

If it can't be done then I guess it can't be done.

My problem is not so much that I hate chopper blades as much as it's more an annoyance. Most of the time it doesn't happen or if it does I avoid it and shoot them down.

What I really hate are the people who take advantage of it and that's all they do but normally if it's a major problem I just go grab the hunter and chase them. It's pathetic how people freak out when you're driving that thing. They all think the weapons work. LOL

i always enjoyed dodging the chopper myself, and usually had no trouble staying clear... its usually a pretty easy kill as its a large target to flank...

Tommy is a very nimble creature.. jump out of the way...

And I don't see how a person couldn't hear one of those birds coming a mile away....

Kent

I don't see how a person couldn't hear one of those birds coming a mile away....

I hear the choppers.

The only time I don't hear them or I'm not paying enough attention to the game to hear them is when i'm concentrating on killing someone and dodging bullets. There are times, rare ones but they ahppen, when we are fighting and someoen in a chopper will come flying in real quick from up a street. Don't hear them coming or see them coming until it's too late I said this earlier.

I dont' know why people keep asking the same questions. I've already said it in an earlier post.

Choppers are part of the game, as is the fact they can be lethal in the right (wrong?) hands. Therefore this needs to be taken into account when you play, you say you dont notice them coming when you are in the middle of a firefight? It sounds more like you need to improve your playing skills to include keeping a fairly regular check on the minimap/radar for anything incoming, rather than asking for dangers to be removed :)

The only time I don't hear them or I'm not paying enough attention to the game to hear them is when i'm concentrating on killing someone and dodging bullets.

well thats what seperates the good from the not so good in the gamers world.. paying attention to your surroundings...

just like getting hit from behind with the flak cannon in UT... if you aren't paying attention, you deserve it

Kent

I have only been killed a total of one time by chopper blade that wasn't by me getting out of a chopper. If anything, fix the routine to exit a vehicle... but leave the chopper blades in. Its sure fun to both see and do... and hey, when you die, you come back with full weapons :)

Regarding sound,

Easy you don't got your sound on, sound card is not set up or you just lack it. You could be death as well but thats why farts smell is it not? j/k

If your soundcard isn't set up and you can't dodge, thats your own problem. :) Even in a huge battle, I can always hear those things. They have a distinct sound...