HOW TO create MTA0.3b Linux dedicated server?

Guest ygryk

Where can I read the step by step configuration of subj (can YOU write it?)?

What I need to run linux dedicated server(I had already download dedilinux.tar.gz and 20kb and MTA0.3b.zip)?

What the meaning of numbers in server.cfg file?

If anyone create and run linux servers of that game please HELP ME!

• 2 months later...

I don't know if this is what you want to know.. I can't tell if you are asking about how to run a server itself, or the MTA server.. I'll write this anyway since I'm bored.. If there are other howtos, whoops, use the "SEARCH" option to a forum.

setup for MTA's server is extremely straight foward. However, I do recommend creating a different user to run the server from. This though requires root, so if you do not have root, don't do this:

groupadd mtavc

useradd -m -g mtavc mtavc

passwd mtavc

Enter your Password: (it wont show up)

Re-enter your Password: (wont show up)

You now have a user for MTA-VC

if you are still root, type "su -l mtavc"

download the linux package from a mirror using "wget"

e.g. "wget http://path.to.mirror/[filename].tar.gz"

Creator a directory for the files to reside in and extract the files:

mkdir ~/mtaserver

cd ~/mtaserver

tar -zxf ~/[filename].tar.gz

Edit the mta configuration file to the specifications to your server. Note its VERY detailed with comments I'm sure if you just read it you would install it without problem.

You do need a linux server to do this - If you know nothing about linux, use Windows. If you don't have root, follow the directions on making the dir and extracting the files. To run the server type ./MTAsomething (i don't remember the filename, press tab after typing "./MTA" and it'll complete the filename for you.