attachElements between dimensions

Hello Everyone,

I am working on a script in which I need to attach two elements in different dimensions in order to syncronize their locations. However, they get detached when they are in different dimensions. I tried first attaching and then setting dimensions, it didn't work. I tried it the other way around, no luck either. Am I missing something, or is this a bug? I'd appreciate if someone could help!

Thanks,

Funstein

I doubt it is possible to sync two elements in different interiors and/or dimensions. The only workaround would be to manually sync their position and rotation using a timer, with a small interval.

Hey Callum,

I tried syncing manually, however, even with an interval of 50, its skipping, since I am syncing the object with a top-speed Shamal. Do you know of any other way which I could do this? For example, is it possible to setVelocity to an object? I am trying to link a shamal to the shamal interior, do you think it would work if I tried to create a shamal in the alternate dimension as well and tried to simulate the pilot's keypresses there?

Oh, btw, I'm doing this for a project that I'll probably post in SAES PenSource :D

Thanks!

Why don't you just use the static shamal interior, instead of replicating it? I don't know how passengers are supposed to enter, but just warp them into the interior/dimension. If the plane blows up, fill the interior will loads of explosions (createExplosion).

Also, I think this would be more suited in the Scripting section (a moderator may move it, don't recreate the topic).

You could go in Map Editor and get the interior ID or the object ID, then send it back into Grove Street using the bookmark thing, and click on the current elements button then find the Object which you got from the Interior, after you could move it towards the Shamal and try to fit it in the shamal, if it can't fit, then your out of luck, else you could press test and see if there is any glitch with the object in the shamal.

If everything's ok, then save and find the x,y,z coordinate for the attachElement function.

if you find it, then you could use onClientPreRender for when the Shamal moves.

• 4 weeks later...
You could go in Map Editor and get the interior ID or the object ID, then send it back into Grove Street using the bookmark thing, and click on the current elements button then find the Object which you got from the Interior, after you could move it towards the Shamal and try to fit it in the shamal, if it can't fit, then your out of luck, else you could press test and see if there is any glitch with the object in the shamal.

If everything's ok, then save and find the x,y,z coordinate for the attachElement function.

What the fuck?

Can't you just tell him to put the model of the Shamal interior inside the real shamal? It's not going to fit either way.

What the :o?

Can't you just tell him to put the model of the Shamal interior inside the real shamal? It's not going to fit either way.

Dude. Chill out. And don't bump topics that are three freaking weeks old just to snark at other people.