Joystick Question

During the character selection screen, i cant use the joystick to pick my character. i figured out how to select my character, just not change between them. using the digital pad to select. the [+ oo] the + thing. cant switch between characters. i figured how to select the character, confirm choice, using the buttons, [+ oo] the oo, i have to push enter car. its different than the rest of picking the new game, start mta. the digi pad dont work selecting character thou.

is not a problem to use the arrow keys, it is because i have to get up.

I haven't experimented with GTA and joysticks much, I only tried to dodo with an analogue stick once. Maybe it helps to re-assign the keys, because you should know that the left and right arrow keys do not rotate the player left and right, but make the player strafe left and right. So define two joystick buttons for strafing.

ok, thanks for replying. i am going to try that. i set the controls on the game in classic mode, and not standard. which makes the left and right turn the character clockwise. dont know if this will work, and really have time thnking ohw to go about this. will try this thou.

edit ok i tried changing the options in my controls. the only thing there is, is forwards back, left, and right. they are already set as wasd, up,down,left,right, and the xy joystick controls. i changed the controls from standard to classic, and doesnt work. the select character works with a joystick button. but the switching character doesnt. hope you dont get that mixed up really. switch from mexican, to cop, vcc, doesnt work with a joystick. selecting cop as character, mexi, vcc,etc.. work. the button is different but it works. took me a few tries to get it.finally foudn out you can use joystick for that. the default run button is used for gta screen selection. for the mta character selection, the enter car button is use. c-ya