After using the search function I havent found anyone yet, who had the same idea.

Do you remember Assault in UT? Team A must assault the base of team B in a timelimit. When it's done, Team A must defend the base as long as the first limit was.

I think it's a great idea for GTA3 in multiplayer :)

I give just an example:

Base:

The skysraper, wich you can go upstairs (uh, english? :shock: )

Its the 11 in this map:

2.jpg

Here's a cutout of the 'base':

1.jpg

I think thats a good place for that. If team A wants to take the base, they must take 2-3 checkpoins (for example a cycle where a member of the team must get in to get the checkpoint), wich can't be taken anymore by team B.

A team has >=5 members

And weapons... Mhh... I don't know exactly now... :?

As base you can take the airport or a subway station or something else too.

What do you think about that? :)

whoa, i hate to sounds like a n00b (which i'm not), but what is that building and why haven't i noticed it before?

that does sound like a good idea though

Uh because you're a n00b? There is a Rampage and a Hidden Package on that building. It's The Black AmCo building on Staunton.

yeah trx, a n00b that's had the game since the original release on ps2 and bought the pc version on the release.

man i can't believe how n00bing i am, i mean jesus christ i've only had the game for 2 years.

Well, if you had actually played the game during that time, you might not have been a n00b. lol, I really shouldn't have said all this, it's just that I really couldn't resist to comment on your "(which I'm not)" remark. I mean, we don't CARE if your a noob or not. Now, on with the topic please.

problem - people are easily going to be able to lob grenades over and just camp the stairs etc etc, so the defenders should have crap ammo i guess.

The fact that there is only one route to the top means that as a koth objective it might be fine, but as a stronghold, i wouldnt want to try take it away from 5 people with uzis!

You're Right xerox, that could become a problem. I think that the best 'Assault' location would be where you'd have at least two entrances. Something like the underground parking cellar of that same building would work, or the Multistorey carpark. I do like the idea, and if that building had more ways of getting up, it would be a perfect idea. Maybe put a flag up there, to make CTF style missions like in BF1942, where you have to stand next to a flag for several seconds, with no enemy around to make it your team's flag. That way, most people will not camp at the top of those stairs, since they will be guarding only one flag, and you can't win with just one flag, now can you?

with assault, you want that exact location but just not allow nades in the game... just make the server not allow cheats, and in the game mode disable nades..and rockets and thing explosive and pyrotechincal..

is it possible to limit snipers etc.? like only 2 snipers per team

I think the bases should be able to be chosen by teams, for the freshness of the game.

I did not notice that building either, until i installed "The South Side Ghetto", since its one of the buildings on the island.. i also have had GTA3 since 1 month after the PS2 release.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

how bout an assault on salvatore's house? you can come from down kinda by the beach or driveway or straight behind buildings on the street. i dont know how good defending would be, but you could always have to go around the back to where hidden package was, that area.