Looking for an in-depth tutorial on ACL

think of it like this, There's a police group and criminal group,

the ACL is for rights, so if a criminal types in /arrest, you could make the script check if the criminal has a right to arrest a person, if they don't then you could output "sorry but you don't have the right to arrest anyone".

I think this should be enough.

EDIT: here's an example:

>    name="Police">        name="Police" />     >    name="Criminal">        name="Criminal" />     >        name="Police">        name="command.arrest" access="true" />         name="command.rob" access="false" />    >    name="Criminal">        name="command.arrest" access="false" />         name="command.rob" access="true" />    >>

Edited by Guest
think of it like this, There's a police group and criminal group,

the ACL is for rights, so if a criminal types in /arrest, you could make the script check if the criminal has a right to arrest a person, if they don't then you could output "sorry but you don't have the right to arrest anyone".

I think this should be enough.

EDIT: here's an example:

>    name="Police">        name="Police" />     >    name="Criminal">        name="Criminal" />     >    name="Police">        name="command.arrest" access="true" />    >    name="Criminal">        name="command.arrest" access="false" />    >>

Yeah but why do I need a group for?

ok, the group is the main thing for ACL's,

the group has players listed in it, so they could use the rights/acl's

if there is no group then the ACL's would be nothing, which means the commands and access would basically be floating in thin air and nobody can't touch them.

the Group has to have players that could access the rights/acl's, and if you want, they could access to a resource if you add any.

Edited by Guest
ok, the group is the main thing for ACL's,

the group has players listed in it, so they could use the rights/acl's

if there is no group then the ACL's would be nothing, which means the commands and access would basically be floating in thin air and nobody can't touch them.

Then what's the acl name doing?

The acl name is defined for the group(s) that should be able to use it,

in the ACL, the rights/access are there so, if someone in another group tries to use this groups command/function, then it would either deny them or allow them to use it, it depends on what you want.

well, xml is kinda funny,

I think it would be easier, but at the same time, xml also tries making us organized,

it'll be more organized if it was in it's own place(sorry, didn't know what to say here)...

Plus, the ACL is managed by the MTA Program, so if the program tries reading this, it'll be confused.

Imagine all the rights in there with the players and resources,

it'll look really messy.

well, xml is kinda funny,

I think it would be easier, but at the same time, xml also tries making us organized,

it'll be more organized if it was in it's own place(sorry, didn't know what to say here)...

Plus, the ACL is managed by the MTA Program, so if the program tries reading this, it'll be confused.

The ACL thingy is really confusing. More confusing than building the MTA system ;)

xD

I know what you mean,

I got confused on the acl functions...

It took me a month to find out how it works.

I hope you learn more about ACL, if not, I could post more info on it.

I will try to study it a bit by experimenting with it. If any problem, I will share it here.

• 6 years later...
1 hour ago, venny26 said:

Hello,

ACL stands for Access control list.Its work is giving permission for flexibility  in file system.It works with UNIX file system.For more tutorial you have to visit the tutorial site..

Thanks...

7 years :roll:

Edited by Sendy