Dammit how come i can never kill anyone

Guest chris00764

This is really pissing me off... i think i have killed a grand total of 5 people in the past 2 weeks when i play, it pisses me of so bad i just go play bf 1942... Im on DSL, whenever i encouter someone i shoot them constatly without there health ever moving, then i see them take 3 shots with a shotgun and im on the ground dead... this happens every time... Could it be due to my high download rate, but slower upload rate with DSL? it is seriously so fricking gay playing for an hour and not killing anyone but dieing 5 times... it seems like every shot they take hits me but i never hit anyone else...

also, i will run people over in cars just for fun... their health never moves either, and im not talking people paused at menu's or whatever... im talking people activly moving and shooting, they always have green health after I run them over... i usually play on one of the official servers, so it makes no sense to me what the problem is...

i actually got 2 kills in a game just now... i had to aim at their feet the whole time with a machine gun to kill them... i had so many exception errors in that half hour session though i think i got exceptions about 6 times... i also got some weird shit where MTA closes itself but GTA still runs... everyone is frozen in place and i cant kill... then i realize that this glitch happened again and i need to restart MTA, any explination?

I've always really wondered this...Why is it the higher ping you have the better chances you have of winning. Any other PC internet game has been the opposite. Is it the netcode? Is it the server making the higher pinged people more of a priority? I'm just curious as to how this is the only game that 56kers have an advantage over me, and its a huge one...

I've always really wondered this...Why is it the higher ping you have the better chances you have of winning. Any other PC internet game has been the opposite. Is it the netcode? Is it the server making the higher pinged people more of a priority? I'm just curious as to how this is the only game that 56kers have an advantage over me, and its a huge one...

It's because data is handled by the players, not the server. So the server doesn't keep track of where the player is, health, etc. Meaning that you have to lead differently, since your basing it on how much that player lags and not how much you lag to the server.

It's because data is handled by the players, not the server. So the server doesn't keep track of where the player is, health, etc. Meaning that you have to lead differently, since your basing it on how much that player lags and not how much you lag to the server.

So, if thats the case, is it going to be changed to where the server handles the data? I think this is the biggest problem with people not being able to kill one another..

So, if thats the case, is it going to be changed to where the server handles the data? I think this is the biggest problem with people not being able to kill one another..

That's also the problem of crashes. A car explodes, but another person didn't see it exploded. He gets in..crash!

56K’ers do have an advantage. I have chain-sawed people for a while before they croaked. It is a case of "they are dead and they don't even know it". But they also are easy to flank. If you circle strafe them they will still be shooting forward. It takes patience but I do eventually get them. (As long as someone else doesn’t wax me when I am trying!) If I am shooting someone and they are not losing health or even moving I assume they froze or have Alt-Tabbed and I keep on moving.

• 2 weeks later...

what i do if my shots arent hitting someone is just keep running around and shooting around them. usually direct aim will never hit, just keep shooting to the sides of the person.

also, does anybody have a problem with high pingers not registering your shots hitting, period? like u know they must be getting hit, like with a shotgun, but theyre not taking damage and u know theyre not cheating? this happened between me and my friend when we were just messing around and he was suffering high ping bcause of dling from mirc.

what i do if my shots arent hitting someone is just keep running around and shooting around them. usually direct aim will never hit, just keep shooting to the sides of the person.

also, does anybody have a problem with high pingers not registering your shots hitting, period? like u know they must be getting hit, like with a shotgun, but theyre not taking damage and u know theyre not cheating? this happened between me and my friend when we were just messing around and he was suffering high ping bcause of dling from mirc.

This whole thread is full of people, me included complaining about not hitting high pingers. That's this whole thread :!::?

I have a very fast connection and a low ping and sometimes I see ppl with high or low ping alike, shadow boxing. I know on thier screen they are hitting me but until they change weapons, somehow it's not synct.

Now if I am not damaging someone I will move and switch weapons. Shotty and 45 are the best if you suspect this is going on. Otherwise you will run outta m60 or M16 ammo and you look like you are training for a boxing match.

Keep also in mind that the mexican is way too overpowered while the cop is quite underpowered (the little armor does not make it up to the weapon equipment the mexican starts with... you have hardly any chance to kill someone as cop)... I hope the mod will be more balanced in the next version, having a minigun and a chainsaw is way too much. The minigun should be hidden somewhere but not start with it when spawning. :P

Keep also in mind that the mexican is way too overpowered while the cop is quite underpowered (the little armor does not make it up to the weapon equipment the mexican starts with... you have hardly any chance to kill someone as cop)... I hope the mod will be more balanced in the next version, having a minigun and a chainsaw is way too much. The minigun should be hidden somewhere but not start with it when spawning. :P

The mexican starts with the m60 there is no minigun unless you are Mr. Vercetti. Mex is my favorite character because he has a knockdown weapon (45) the long distance carkiller/health drainer (M60) and chainsaw for that personal touch. I stay away from the moltov cause I kill myself as much as anyone else.

Having said that. The Cops shotty is powerful if used right. I can strafe my way up to someone who is using the m60 or m16 and cut them in half with the shotty. If anyone has an advantage it's the sailor and the cop. You aren't stuck with your issued weapons, but you cannot pickup the ability to have armor or regenerate health. If you are a sailor and you kill a mexican you have his advantages plus you are like f'n Wolverine :D