LAN How to host??

Guest Sajjio

Hi. Hope someone can help me out!

Ive searched the forum but cant find any help.

I have a direct cable connection linking 2 computers on a LAN. All other games work fine.

I cant seem to figure out how to host Vice city so that the other comp can join in...

Im using winxp on both comps. vice city works fine. i also have the latest downloads and ase.

Please can someone advise me on what to do?

If poss, email me on [email protected]

thanx in advance.

Well . OK to play in lan . You have to host a game in ONE computer and you can still play on the Computer your Hosting . Try to host on the fastest one . Then on the other computers. Enter the MTA client and type the IP , of the computer hosting . And it should connect .

IF you dont know your ip find it here:http://www.lawrencegoetz.com/programs/ipinfo/

I think there is a easyer way . But i dont know since i dont use Lan . Maybe someone else here knows

Oh yeah . IF you have problems read the manual . there they dont explain about lan (i think) but they talk about the client and some other stuff

I play on a LAN, and it works fine, all i doo is setup my server in server.conf, just tell it NOT to send info to ASE, then run MTA client connecting to the IP of the computer hosting (can be then same computer), make sure the port is the same (default 2003) and it sould work, well it works for me, i play at lans with up to 32 players, REAL fun.

Alrighty then, this little tutorial assumes you're using 2 windows computers.

Computer 1 (server): Start up the dedicated server.

Computer 1 (server): Connect to 'localhost'

Computer 2 (other player): Connect to the IP of the server.

To find the IP of the server:

Computer 1 (server): Go start -> run... -> type 'cmd', hit enter.

Type ipconfig in the window that appears.

One of those numbers is the IP of the server.

Come on please.. Forum, FAQ, Manual..

Setting up a LAN server works the same as setting up an internet server.. just turn off the ASE option in the configuration file and let the other computers connect to the IP/host where the server is running