Unique ID

Hello.

I have a question about vehicle id`s. I want to add all the vehicles in sql(add and delete in game). Adding is easy, but let`s say i want to delete a vehicle. How do i do that ? Using set/getElementData should do it, but there will be dozens of vehicles in the database. Anyone has some idea ?

• 1 month later...
Hello.

I have a question about vehicle id`s. I want to add all the vehicles in sql(add and delete in game). Adding is easy, but let`s say i want to delete a vehicle. How do i do that ? Using set/getElementData should do it, but there will be dozens of vehicles in the database. Anyone has some idea ?

Are you using any specific script, (Vg etc), does the cars id come up, and yes setElementData

If you wish to permanently delete it from the database you will have to execute an SQL query to the database for the removal of the row which holds the vehicle's data.

Something like this, if you're using the vG/Vedic script.

local mysql = exports.sql 

function deleteVehicle( thePlayer, commandName, vehicleID ) 
    if ( vehicleID ) then 

local vehicleID = tonumber( vehicleID ) 
        local didFind = false 

for key, theVehicle in ipairs ( getElementsByType("vehicle") ) do 
            if ( tonumber( getElementData( theVehicle, "id" ) ) == vehicleID ) then 

destroyElement( theVehicle ) 
                didFind = true 
                break 
            end 
        end 

if ( didFind ) then 

local delete = mysql:query_free("DELETE FROM `vehicles` WHERE `id`=".. mysql:escape_string( tostring( vehicleID ) ) .."") 
            if ( delete ) then 

outputChatBox("The vehicle was successfully deleted!", thePlayer, 0, 255, 0) 
            else 
                outputChatBox("MySQL Error!", thePlayer, 255, 0, 0) 
            end 
        else 
            outputChatBox("Couldn't find vehicle with ID ".. vehicleID, thePlayer, 255, 0, 0) 
        end  
    else 
        outputChatBox("SYNTAX: /".. commandName .." [ Vehicle ID ]", thePlayer, 255, 194, 14) 
    end  
end 
addCommandHandler("delveh", deleteVehicle, false, false )